PDA

View Full Version : How come IEA is only on the east coast?

firewalker911
May. 28, 2011, 08:03 PM
I was just thinking about this the other day. Unless I am incorrect, why is it that IEA is not available in high schools on the west coast? I know it originated on the east, but it never expanded over.

Jumpthemoon16
May. 28, 2011, 08:25 PM
You're incorrect, haha.. there's IEA at quite a few high schools where I live in NorCal.

firewalker911
May. 28, 2011, 08:30 PM
oh wow, haha. i feel so dumb. i just looked online at the locations and now see the different zones.

i guess i should have just said, is there iea in washington state?>

CR Gorge Girl
May. 29, 2011, 02:53 AM
oh wow, haha. i feel so dumb. i just looked online at the locations and now see the different zones.

i guess i should have just said, is there iea in washington state?>

Not that I've heard of, but there is WAHSET. Which is basically all disciplines and you use your own horse. I had tons of fun. Everything from dressage/jumping to barrel racing and cow events.

wahset.org

Darkstar
May. 29, 2011, 02:58 AM
Yup, WAHSET is what you'd have in Washington State. I was part of WAHSET, back in the first four years it started, when we were an offset of OHSET. I had lots of fun, and it was great to try some new events too. My entire team did drill, we did team penning, and IHOR (an in hand obstacle race). It was just a great way to have fun. Of course, if you do H/J - there is always English Eq on the flat and O/F.

I know the district director for WAHSET 1 if you want more information.

Coeur*de*Cheval
May. 29, 2011, 10:15 PM
Yep in Washington we have WAHSET, I found it after, originally, looking for IEA. I did it this year and had a great time. However, if you do H/J the classes might not be quite what you think of. Jumping is tiny and there definatly can be some VERY scary rides and, for the most part, the weatern pleasure horses will win the flat class. But if you know what you are getting into it will be great. With my big eventer I did jumping, flat, dressage and 2 more gaming classes that changed (we weren't good so points disnt matter) as well as team sorting, drill, and IHOR which we just did for fun and to help our team haha

I'm un district 5 and everyone was super welcoming and friendly