PDA

View Full Version : Funny! (long-ish)

Rel6
May. 28, 2011, 05:41 PM
Just a funny thing that happened today that I though I'd share.

13 year old girl at my barn got a new horse, a 3ft-3'6'' 16.3 amazing packer type from a BNT. She is just moving off of her large and starting to do the 3ft eq medals. She's super nice, and every lessons her mom comes to watch. Today her mom brought her 11? year old brother who could not have been more bored. The girl ends her lesson, the trainer leaves, and she walks the horse out.

As she leaves, her brother starts to get mad and annoyed. I was hacking a horse and saw the whole thing. I guess the mom promised the son a pony ride on the horse, but forgot to ask the trainer if its okay. Mom says he can, but he has to go ask the trainer. Son gets annoyed (but he's ours! he's our horse, we don't have to ask!) but goes to ask the trainer, who says yes.

The kid gets on the mounting block, scrambles into the saddle and sits up. He looks terrified and lasts about ten seconds before he grabs on to mane for dear life and yells at his mom to get him off. His mom didn't really take him seriously after first, but she helped him off. He starts going on and on about how the horse is huge and giant and so so so much bigger than their last one (the large pony.)

Mom starts to tease her fearless hockey-star son about being scared of the horse, to which he replies "well I barely sat on him! I didn't even know about the reins or anything! I didn't hold them. Let me try again!"

So they pop him back up, he sits up there proudly for a minute and holds the rein. He managed to hop off by himself after a lot of encouragement (read: teasing from his older sister) and was very proud of himself.

The whole thing was hilarious. I was standing there on my 17.3 giant and laughing hysterically imaging the kid on my guy!

OverandOnward
May. 28, 2011, 05:55 PM
Give that boy some lessons. He sat up there and asked to try again ... he's a future rider. :cool: But of course he needs to be in a completely separate program from his sister. :D

HowDoILook
May. 28, 2011, 07:11 PM
Haha I used to do that to my brother all the time. I always thought it was funny when I couldn't convince by 14 year old brother that my large pony was safe. He only got on once cause he watch my very beginner *aka walk and could post a little* mother got on him first.

Losgelassenheit
May. 28, 2011, 08:39 PM
LOL, nice. :lol: Thanks for sharing! It's times like these that I wish I could get into the mind of the horse to hear what SHE was thinking!

Big_Grey_hunter
May. 28, 2011, 09:30 PM
It's soooo easy until he tried it himself :lol: His sister has something to bring up anytime he tells her how 'easy' it is to ride!