PDA

View Full Version : Looking for dressage lessons in Indianapolis area

Ridewithnopride
May. 28, 2011, 04:53 PM
Hi! [edit] I've been riding the hunter A circuits for years, so I am experienced riding greenies, hot/sensetive horses etc. However, I recently got involved with trying my hand @ dressage and would like to further my skills.

Therefore, if anyone knows of some dressage barns in the Indianapolis or surrounding areas that would be great.

[edit]

mishmash
May. 28, 2011, 10:40 PM
Jennifer Conour in Sheridan and Jennifer Kaiser in Lafayette if you are serious about improving.

Dressage.For.Life.
May. 29, 2011, 08:35 AM
Linda Heiny--She's a retired "R" judge who has come back to teach and spread her knowledge. She gives lessons and clinics at Serenity Farms in Coatsville (off of US 36 and highway 75) as well as a few other stables. She may be to far for you to lesson with weekly but I simply cannot recommend her enough; I used to just clinic with her occasionally (1x a month or so) and even that had a very large impact on my riding and my horse's going. Also, she takes students yearly to clinic with and audit when the Spanish Riding School does clinics in the US.

There is one dressage trainer in the Indy area that I really can't recommend. PM me for a name if you would like.

Dressage_Julie
May. 31, 2011, 09:43 AM
Jennifer Conour is great! Definitely give her a call!

enjoytheride
May. 31, 2011, 05:17 PM
Nancy Kleiner also teaches lessons out of Irus stables as well as her home barn.

horsepix76
Jun. 1, 2011, 09:46 AM
I love Linda Heiny! If you're on the south or west side of Indy, you might actually get her to your barn. The north side and you'll have to travel to her.

I've also worked a lot with Amanda Pisano. She helped me take my OTTB from crazy exracer to pretty solid second level. She's on the north side and will travel.

SoaringSoftly
Dec. 31, 2012, 10:12 AM
Linda Heiny--She's a retired "R" judge who has come back to teach and spread her knowledge. She gives lessons and clinics at Serenity Farms in Coatsville (off of US 36 and highway 75) as well as a few other stables. She may be to far for you to lesson with weekly but I simply cannot recommend her enough; I used to just clinic with her occasionally (1x a month or so) and even that had a very large impact on my riding and my horse's going. Also, she takes students yearly to clinic with and audit when the Spanish Riding School does clinics in the US.

There is one dressage trainer in the Indy area that I really can't recommend. PM me for a name if you would like.

Could you please PM me with the name of the trainer you would not recommend in the Indy area? I live on the northeast side of the city near Fishers/Pendleton and am thinking of starting dressage. I haven't ridden in a long while and then it was hunt seat and jumping. I'd love to find a place that is sympathetic to us older riders and perhaps offers leasing. Thanks!

candysgirl
Dec. 31, 2012, 01:03 PM
I LOVE Nancy Kleiner. She's a fantastic trainer and is awesome about the fact that my goals involve no part of competing. I want to do dressage for the sale of bettering my horse. She's perfectly at home dumbing things down for my beginner (dressage, been riding other disciplines for 20 years) self on a young Arab who, while very athletic, clearly will never be an upper level competition mount. She travels to several barns in the area.

Kadenz
Dec. 31, 2012, 04:33 PM
I'd also recommend Jennifer Conour - a friend of mine moved to Indy and she's who our dressage trainer set her up with.