PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know of a Locust Hill Farm or a Magalen O Bryant in VA?

SecondOption
May. 27, 2011, 10:03 PM
I'm not completely sure if this is allowed - but i figured i'd give it a shot anyways.

Does anyone know of a Magalen O Bryant in VA? I did some googleing and came across something stating she owned Locust Hill Farm in VA but my searching luck seemed to stop there!

Feel free to PM information, if you have it, and don't want to post it.

I picked up an older TB mare a few days ago and looked up her tattoo and it states she is her breeder - just wanted to see if i could get any history and tell her what a sweet sweet and nice mare she is!

Thanks!

rustbreeches
May. 27, 2011, 10:12 PM
Yep, I rode for her several years ago for a couple of years. Who did you get? They have a FB page. The barn manager is Karen Russell. She is a great person and has been there for awhile, so she likely knows the mare.

SecondOption
May. 27, 2011, 10:18 PM
Yep, I rode for her several years ago for a couple of years. Who did you get? They have a FB page. The barn manager is Karen Russell. She is a great person and has been there for awhile, so she likely knows the mare.

I have a 1992 chestnut mare named Swell Kiss - out of Swelegant and Deux Moue

Thanks so much, i'll now go and do some facebook searching!

Glimmerglass
May. 27, 2011, 11:08 PM
Worth noting the noted steeplechase owner's late brother owned The Chronicle of the Horse ;)

SecondOption
May. 27, 2011, 11:50 PM
Oh wow!

VirginiaBred
May. 29, 2011, 01:03 PM
Lovely farm. I've been there (last year) as they have a lovely welsh pony stallion I bred a mare to.

VirginiaBred
May. 29, 2011, 01:03 PM
I have an email address if you need one.