PDA

View Full Version : Letthebighossroll, TBCollector's "battle tested warrior" has died

Eventfan4LIFE
May. 27, 2011, 01:01 PM
Some really nice quotes from Bob Baffert about the horse, who sounds like he was handful when he was racing! There's a lovely picture of him in retirement running in pasture. Godspeed, boy.
Hugs to TBCollector.

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/63218/million-dollar-earner-letthebighossroll-dies

ellebeaux
May. 27, 2011, 01:04 PM
He sounds like a truly great horse, my condolences.

Flashy Gray VA
May. 27, 2011, 03:14 PM
Great stuff from an equine life lived to the hilt:

Arave was able to re-train Letthebighossroll to become a good saddle horse. Letthebighossroll herded cows for a few years "but mostly loved going on trails and spending time running in pasture with his best friend, Pugnacious," Diaz said in an email.

Condolences for the loss to all connections.

TKR
May. 27, 2011, 04:50 PM
Letthebighossroll's dam, Moonlight Jig, was by Jig Time (Native Dancer) -- my favorite Thoroughbred sire, although long gone. I have a number of his descendants that were purposely bred to that line. The funny thing about them is they are very very kind. Jig Time was a hellion, just as this gelding. My stallion, who is also out of a Jig Time dam, is about as kind and mellow as it gets - can ride him in a halter and leadline bareback. His babies have been super kind -- they are really athletic and love the way they are built. Just a bit of trivia - but when I saw the dam's name, had to check since he was also a grey. Godspeed Letthebighossroll! Glad he had a good retirement home.
PennyG

Blinkers On
May. 27, 2011, 05:23 PM
I loved this horse when he was running!!!
Rest well !