PDA

View Full Version : Closing TODAY!!!!!

cyriz's mom
May. 27, 2011, 12:09 PM
We're closing on our new place this afternoon. I'm sooooo excited.

It's the same size as where we are now...50 acres, but 40 miles closer to civilization (Dallas-Ft. Worth) has a brand new house (completely...down to exterior walls...renovated 100 y.o. farmhouse), a 20-stall barn and covered round pen. Best part (well, one of the best parts) is the soil is much better and the pastures are great. The horses are going to think they're in heaven!

Of course, starting tomorrow is the hard part...getting the new place ready for the horses, moving 27 horses, 5 dogs and us. At least we have a week to get it done.

If you go to google maps and type in Lois, Texas, our place is the northwest corner of the intersection minus the actual corner.

I'll try to start taking pics this weekend and post them.

fordtraktor
May. 27, 2011, 12:20 PM
Congratulations! Very exciting!

jetsmom
May. 27, 2011, 02:01 PM
Congrats! It's very exciting, isn't it?! I LOVE moving INTO a place but HATE moving out. We just sold our house, and close June 15th. I haven't found us a new place yet, so am still looking. Fortunately, we own some rental properties, and one of my tenant's leases was up, so we moved in there with the 3 dogs when I put the house on the market.

I can't imagine trying to move with 27 horses though...

Leprechaun
May. 27, 2011, 02:15 PM
Wow, do you have a BIG move to deal with!?! Congrats and best of luck with your new farm.

ladybugred
May. 27, 2011, 02:59 PM
Congrats!!

It's GORGEOUS!!!!! And I'm totally jealous!

LBR

MunchkinsMom
May. 27, 2011, 03:17 PM
Congrats, I hope the move goes smoothly for you.

MistyBlue
May. 27, 2011, 03:50 PM
Hurray! Good for you and congrats. We want lots of happy horsie photos after you get all settled!

cyriz's mom
May. 28, 2011, 12:18 AM
Thanks, closing went fine. Another slight delay with the plumber getting everything done, but hopefully tomorrow.

The fun part starts tomorrow. Not looking forward to this part, but thank goodness it's only 40 miles. If this were a long distance move, they'd be moving me to the funny farm! LOL