PDA

View Full Version : Logan Razor stock combo, looking for feedback

Hinderella
May. 24, 2011, 04:42 PM
My husband and I are looking to buy our first trailer. My dream trailer is a 2 + 1, but they're quite expensive. So as I've been cruising the ads on horsetrailerworld, I came across an ad for a Logan Razor stock combo trailer GN. I haven't heard of them before and wondered if anyone here has had one?

Basic background: We have a Dodge 2500 4WD gas pickup. We're specifically looking for a gooseneck, as we thought it would be a better and more stable choice for beginner haulers. We have only one horse, my 14.1 pony, but I would want to be able to haul friends along with me, and my husband would like to be able to use the trailer to haul his motorcycle.
We're in New England, so I wasn't sure about the open nature of a stock trailer, but quite honestly, unless it's an emergency, we're not likely to be hauling the pony anywhere in the dead of winter.

So, I'd love to her any information you might have about Logan trailers in particular, and about using a stock trailer in general.

cutter99
May. 24, 2011, 07:55 PM
I don't know the Logan Razor specifically, but I have heard that Logans are good trailers. Another site to ask the question on is Horsetrailerworld.com. Very nice forum there with very kind and helpful people.

As far a a gooseneck and stock combo... I have a gooseneck and would never go back to a bumper pull if given a choice. I have a 4 horse slant load with living quarters at the moment and just went into Eby Trailers today to see about trading it on a stock combo as our needs have changed. They are so versitile that I don't see how you can go wrong. We haul pigs as well as horses (not at the same time:) and I like the idea of the trailer's ability to change depending on what we're hauling. We recently looked at a flat bed trailer for hauling our small tractor and other small pieces of farm equipment and a good quality used one was $1700- a lot of money for a trailer that may only get used a few times a year. The equipment would fit in the stock combo easily.

As far as winter hauling- you can get Plexi Glass inserts for most stock trailers that you can remove depending on the weather. I also looked into having roof vents installed so I can leave the Plexi in place in the winter but still have fresh air flow.

Good luck with your search! The freedom having your own trailer allows is great! Enjoy!

saddleup
May. 24, 2011, 08:15 PM
There are a lot of Logan trailers in the west, and I've only heard good things about them. In fact, when I replace my two horse for a three horse, I'm definitely going to look hard at the Logans. I saw a few of their demo trailers at a horse show last year, and I was definitely impressed with what I saw. I have a two horse bumper pull, but will switch to a gooseneck when I go bigger.

Hinderella
May. 25, 2011, 10:49 AM
Thanks for the responses. Around here, I don't see a lot of stock trailers, but it sounds like stock will work for our needs. While I may someday be ready for a longer road trip, for now, I don't expect to travel more than 30-40 miles.

craz4crtrs
May. 25, 2011, 11:27 AM
My husband and I are looking to buy our first trailer. My dream trailer is a 2 + 1, but they're quite expensive. So as I've been cruising the ads on horsetrailerworld, I came across an ad for a Logan Razor stock combo trailer GN. I haven't heard of them before and wondered if anyone here has had one?

Basic background: We have a Dodge 2500 4WD gas pickup. We're specifically looking for a gooseneck, as we thought it would be a better and more stable choice for beginner haulers. We have only one horse, my 14.1 pony, but I would want to be able to haul friends along with me, and my husband would like to be able to use the trailer to haul his motorcycle.
We're in New England, so I wasn't sure about the open nature of a stock trailer, but quite honestly, unless it's an emergency, we're not likely to be hauling the pony anywhere in the dead of winter.

So, I'd love to her any information you might have about Logan trailers in particular, and about using a stock trailer in general.

I upgraded from my bumper pull to a Logan Razor 3h GN last fall. I actually wanted the stock combo, but the 3h is great. Pulls like a dream, lots of room for big horses, too. Taller step up, but the horses don't care.

If it is a good price, buy it. If it is a newer trailer, it has the spray on lining and their "whiz proof" floor. Wonderful, won't have the issue Sundowner and some other aluminum trailers have had.

You have enough truck, too. Enjoy.