PDA

View Full Version : Some Questions on the 2011 usdf regionals

DutchDressageQueen
May. 23, 2011, 06:51 PM
I got my second qualifying score on 5-14-2011.
I am not listed on the (preliminary) qualified rider list. Do I have to send in my scores in order to be listed there? Does the USDF update the list automatically w/o me having to send in scores.
What am I supposed to do?

Thanks, DDQ

2tempe
May. 23, 2011, 06:56 PM
Go here, the whole thing is explained :)http://www.usdf.org/competitions/competitions-championships/regionals/index.asp

They probably dont have your scores all in their system yet; takes several weeks after a show sometimes. Depending on who runs the show, they are submitted either quickly or not so quickly......
The prize list which is now up indicates that you should check scores online before doing the entry form. Not a problem, you have plenty of time.
ALSO - if you have any reason to believe you might place and have to ride for your award, note that you must be fully properly attired, as should the horse, and his/her wardrobe must include white polos.

meupatdoes
May. 23, 2011, 09:08 PM
ALSO - if you have any reason to believe you might place and have to ride for your award, note that you must be fully properly attired, as should the horse, and his/her wardrobe must include white polos.

What's the deal with mandatory award ceremonies?

yaya
May. 24, 2011, 12:01 AM

No, white polos are not required. It says that it is recommended that black or white polos be allowed. It is not mandatory to have polos, or that they be white.

Bogey2
May. 24, 2011, 06:30 AM
What's the deal with mandatory award ceremonies?

I think it's so the pictures are taken in front of the sponsor banner or sponsor hands out awards??

dudleyc
May. 24, 2011, 06:44 AM
The mandatory award ceremonies can be a hassle. Last year, my ceremony was late Sunday afternoon, after being at the show for 5 days I was really wanting to go home. My last ride was around 1pm, then I had to keep my horse braided and get back on around 4pm.

One year, the champion of the division didn't show up! After waiting and more waiting, they re-pinned the clase and the reserve was now champion. We went into the awards cermony with our new ribbons (I think I went from 5th to 4th). half way through the picture taking, the champion rider burst into the ring yelling that she could not hear the announcments in the stabling tents. They halted the cermony for a discussion, but did not pin the late arrival. So the winner forfieted by being late!

Big Spender
May. 24, 2011, 10:02 AM
DDQ...I am in the same position you are. Until the USDF has the scores from your show in the database, they won't update the qualified rider list. Give it a few weeks. They only have the results from my May 1 show, but not yet my May 15 show.

DutchDressageQueen
May. 25, 2011, 02:41 PM
Okay, thanks for all the replies. I will just wait a little longer, and I'll keep checking the USDF website. :)

DDQ

Big Spender
May. 26, 2011, 08:30 AM
DDQ, I checked the USDF website this morning and scores from my show on 5/15 are up and I have been added to the qualifying list :D Check to see if your scores are up too!

DutchDressageQueen
Jun. 1, 2011, 04:50 PM
Good for you Big Spender!

I just checked, but I am not up yet :(

I have one more question, for the Championship test, is it going to be the same Third level test 3, or is it a different, special test? ( I am not sure, as this will be my first time competing in a championship of any kind)

joiedevie99
Jun. 1, 2011, 05:31 PM
Same test.

DutchDressageQueen
Jun. 1, 2011, 05:44 PM
Okay, Thanks :)

dudleyc
Jun. 2, 2011, 09:54 AM
No whip and no reader

DutchDressageQueen
Jun. 2, 2011, 06:41 PM
Thanks dudleyc.

I just looked, and I am listed on the qualified horse/rider list!! :D

Equestryn
Jun. 26, 2011, 08:42 AM
So, according to my dressage club, I have qualified for the Region 3 Championships in the Intro Division. I just checked the website and they don't have Intro up there.

Is my club misinformed?

DutchDressageQueen
Jun. 26, 2011, 08:47 AM
you're right. I also looked and they have training level up to GP.

Maybe you could send an email to usdf

yaya
Jun. 26, 2011, 11:04 AM
Intro has never been included in Regional Championships. (At least, not in the last 17years I've been doing this.)

Intro isn't even recognized by USEF.