PDA

View Full Version : Steve Cauthen silks

moonriverfarm
May. 23, 2011, 04:25 PM
Anybody know whose silks (way back when) were pink with a blue "H" on back - Steve Cauthen rode for them (apparently)at one time and autographed them - a collector gave them to me and I'd love to know whose stable they represent.

Bacchus
May. 24, 2011, 10:40 AM
Sounds like the silks he wore on Affirmed: Harbor View Fams

I know they were pink, but I don't know about the H on the back. Sounds likely, though;)

moonriverfarm
May. 24, 2011, 10:44 AM
Surely I would not be that lucky. Embriodered on the hem is the name Jim Hankoff, if that is any kind of clue. There is a label inside the placket with the seamstress' name, from California.

Bacchus
May. 24, 2011, 11:07 AM
Hmm, how many H owners with pink silks did Steve ride for? ;)

There can only be so many out there!

Bacchus
May. 24, 2011, 11:11 AM
Jim Hankoff raced Cutlass Reality who was ridden by everyone but Steve Cauthen (Gary Stevens, Velasquez, McCarron, Lovato (not as famous, but a friend of mine), Antley, Cordero, Maple, etc.).

danceronice
May. 24, 2011, 02:38 PM
Affirmed raced in "Flamingo, with white bars on black sleeves, black cap", so it's not his...

Equibrit
May. 24, 2011, 03:15 PM
Cauthen on Affirmed; http://chapman-arts.com/tc/affirmed.jpg

http://www.championsgallery.com/Affirmed%20Belmont%20Return.jpg

He was also Champion jockey in the UK.

Bacchus
May. 24, 2011, 04:49 PM
The silks probably belong to Jim Hankoff since his name is embroidered into them. My co-worker has a few horses, and their name used to be embroidered into the silks (about 15 year ago -- he doesn't think they are now). I'm sure Hankoff raced more horses than just Cutlass Reality:)

jbonifas
May. 24, 2011, 05:07 PM
My silks have my name (as owner) stitched on the outside below the waist so the person in the silks room can find them on race day.

moonriverfarm
May. 25, 2011, 03:03 PM
Looked again when I went home. They are indeed flamingo pink but with purplish-blue H and stars. Yes the Jim Hankoff is embroidered at the bottom front hem.