PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Horses....

Kyzteke
May. 22, 2011, 10:22 PM
Just heard from a friend of mine -- excellent endurance rider. Her #1 horse has 8,000 LT miles (and he's only 8-9 yrs old), carried her over 2100 miles afew years ago to get her the National High Mileage Award and rarely takes a bad step.

VERY low pull rate.

Then she is putting his blanket on him, he spooks ('cause she's only been putting a blanket on him for like....3 YEARS!!!:confused:), he trips on the blanket and whacks himself on the back of the knee.

He'll be laid up for a month or so.

Geeze...horses....makes you wonder how they survived for the last 10,000 + years, doesn't it?

Any other stupid horse injuries you'd like to share?

back in the saddle
May. 22, 2011, 10:33 PM
LOL Just tonight I was riding my new to me older mare. I sprayed her with fly spray before the ride. She didn't flinch. So during the ride my husband comes up to me with a spray bottle full of water and he's going to mist me down since it was very hot outside. He squirts the bottle once at my neck and she jumped sideways about 6 feet nearly tossing me. LOL

Big_Grey_hunter
May. 22, 2011, 10:40 PM
My horse was laid up a few months and JUST coming back to work. He bucked on the lunge, *forgot* to put his hind legs back under him and wiped out. Pulled his hip and was out for another month. This might have also caused his DDFT lesion. *sigh*