PDA

View Full Version : Fox Tail grass/weed?

tuppysmom
May. 22, 2011, 10:29 AM
I found a patch of this in one of our pastures yesterday while I was mowing. Is there anyway to get rid of it without killing the real grass around it? I would like to stop the spread asap.

Tamara in TN
May. 22, 2011, 11:26 AM
foxtail takes a 2 year kill program to eradicate...

Tamara

tuppysmom
May. 22, 2011, 11:33 AM
Barring rapture, I'm up for 2 years of killin' weeds.

I suppose that the weed killer of choice is somewhat regional. I was hoping to begin today, but suppose I'll have to contact the extension people on Monday.

Desert Topaz
May. 22, 2011, 11:38 AM
Here our local foxtail-type-grass is dealt with by mowing it. It takes some time (years,) but the patch gets smaller and smaller because you mow before it seeds.

Tamara in TN
May. 22, 2011, 11:43 AM
Barring rapture, I'm up for 2 years of killin' weeds.

I suppose that the weed killer of choice is somewhat regional. I was hoping to begin today, but suppose I'll have to contact the extension people on Monday.

roundup he kill every-thang ;)

we have 700 acres of hay now in crops for 2 years to be rid of the nasty crap...

Tamara

coloredcowhorse
May. 22, 2011, 11:43 AM
Two year chemical eradication, frequent mowing to prevent seeding, burning every time it shows up...all work.

tuppysmom
May. 22, 2011, 10:45 PM
We sprayed out 250 gals last week around our track etc. I was hoping to not have to kill the good grass that is mixed in with the FT. Oh well, can do!