PDA

View Full Version : Otto Schumacher Profi Special

NightBefore
May. 21, 2011, 11:42 AM
Anyone have experience with these saddles, this model in particular? Good, bad?

Thanks in advance!

xrmn002
May. 21, 2011, 09:08 PM
I think I have one sitting in my guest bedroom. It is very comfortable. Liked it a lot- was really bummed when a saddle fitter told me it was too long for my horse and could not be adjusted.

NightBefore
May. 21, 2011, 10:21 PM
Thank you- What did you think of the quality?

Emy
May. 22, 2011, 07:11 AM
I ride a gelding that wears one.
I like it, it fits the horse well, is stable on his back and is low maintenance. The leater quite nice and the girthing system dosen't seem to rub them. It is also more open saddle, which I like; the knee roll is there if you need it but it dosen't strap you down.
My only complaint would be that there is not alot of padding in the seat. The horse I ride has a VERY large bouncy trot - it bruises my seat bones. However, I think the saddle is also a bit too large for me but a new one 'just to fit me' isn't in the owners budget so we make due.

Foxhound
May. 22, 2011, 08:13 AM
I used to have one. They are very well-made. For me and the horse I had at the time, it was a little too open and flat. It's hard to describe, but I felt like I was sitting "over" my horse rather than around her, sort of like I was hovering over her back.
It was very comfortable, just not right for me at the time.

csb
May. 22, 2011, 08:32 AM
I have had the Profi for over a decade and ride in it daily. It is comfortable and seems to work with a number of horses. I had a fitter work on it about 4-5 years ago and it still seems to stay put and nestle into the right spot.
I must confess to being a bit neurotic about tack care, but it really has held up remarkably well and still looks beautiful.
On the negative side, several people have told me that they are not comfortable in it.

Good luck

pmd84
May. 23, 2011, 12:45 PM
I bought one used about 3 years ago and ride in it almost daily. LOVE IT!