PDA

View Full Version : On line betting- SAFE

Cruiser12
May. 21, 2011, 07:29 AM
Can anyone advise a good safe on line betting website to be on the Preakness? I really just want to put a small amount down on a couple of horses, just for fun- I have been to live races but haven't placed a bet on line before.
Any advise?

CVPeg
May. 21, 2011, 08:19 AM
I have used NYRA, and Twinspires.com, and am happy with both.

I just signed up again with Twinspires, and my bank okayed the initial deposit, but it has given me a hard time in the past. Twinspires has suggested buying cash cards at Walmart and using those numbers and it has not always worked.

I prefer NYRA's site for ease of betting, but I'm afraid you have to have a deposit sent in (and it takes a while to show up) or deposit it at a NYRA track.

But you should be able to play on Twinspires same day. Good luck!

Laurierace
May. 21, 2011, 09:31 AM
Any of them are safe ie Youbet, TVG, Twinspires, etc. The question is can you get it funded in time? None of them are easy to fund consistently, it seems to be luck of the draw.

Cruiser12
May. 21, 2011, 09:47 AM
Hmmm- so procrastination is not my friend then?!

Well maybe I'll have it in place for the third jewel!

Seal Harbor
May. 21, 2011, 10:36 AM
Any of them are safe ie Youbet, TVG, Twinspires, etc. The question is can you get it funded in time? None of them are easy to fund consistently, it seems to be luck of the draw.

Youbet is gone, TwinSpires bought it.

danceronice
May. 21, 2011, 11:38 AM
It also has to be legal in your state--I've tried to register with TVG and been told on-line betting isn't available. Which is extremely annoying.

Larksmom
May. 21, 2011, 11:53 AM
I live in a non gambling state, but we shore 'nuff have de boats!
But I stink on ice at gambling! The best example i can use is that in '73, I was on Sham.:no::yes: [I haven't gotten any more enlightened over the years either!]
It makes it easier to say 'Oh I just want them all to finish on 4 legs,' but if i were any good at gambling, I might have to move!:yes: