View Full Version : How to contact breeder of my 1981 TB?

May. 20, 2011, 11:58 PM
Hi, I've tried searching the threads (and exhausted my Google Kung Fu on futile web searching) and tried searching the meager offerings for such on the JC site...and can not find out how to contact the breeder of my 1981 TB. I really think that the chap is still active, as google searches turn up his name as breeder or co-breeder/owner on current-ish race results, but I can't come up with diddly past that!

The breeder's name is James D. Conway, of Kentucky, and he bred Movin' Smooth to Going Straight, to produce Straight Move in 1981.

I would really like to make contact on the off-chance that he remembers my old boy and possibly could have photos or information to share. "Irish" as he's known, at 30 yo has become naturally somewhat fragile with the writing on the wall clear, as it were. I doubt I'll care to pursue it when Irish is gone, rubbing salt in and all that, so would like to make contact with his breeder now.

I'd appreciate any suggestions or pointers, especially if I've missed the obvious :)

Thanks! Angel

May. 21, 2011, 09:55 AM
Contact the trainers or owners of his "current" 2011 race horses...

May. 21, 2011, 10:23 AM
Ah ha, that would be the "obvious" point that I missed :lol: Thanks for pointing it out!

May. 21, 2011, 11:43 AM
That or the state owner and breeder's association. When I was looking for Lucky's breeder (who has unfortunately passed away) I got an immediate answer by contacting the Florida Owners and Breeders Association.

May. 21, 2011, 01:59 PM
That's a good idea too, contacting the State owner/breeder association! Thanks Dancer...

I'm glad I asked this question on the forum, I had blinkers on :lol:

May. 21, 2011, 04:46 PM
If I were the breeder, I'd be thrilled to hear that a horse I bred was doing well at 30 in a wonderful home. Hope you get hold of him.