PDA

View Full Version : Selling dressage saddle ?

dressagedevon
May. 20, 2011, 09:16 AM
I have all the good sites for where to look to buy a good used saddle, but I wanted to know which one people have had the best luck with selling a saddle. Which one has the best consignment rates, sells fast, etc. TIA

TheHorseProblem
May. 20, 2011, 10:09 AM
I have one to sell, so I will be following this thread with interest. Craigslist only seems to have extreme bargain hunters.:no:

NJRider
May. 20, 2011, 11:07 AM
I sell quite a few used dressage saddles. I always look at the Wanted ads on Bits and Barter and Ultimate Dressage. I have the best of luck listing here:
1. Horse Clicks- free
2. Tack Trader- free (include link to an online photo album with pictures of saddle)
3. List on Ebay with fixed price auction with no end date. Cheap to list, provides exposure especially if you have an unusual saddle (short flaps, rare model etc) Cover your auction fees in price. I will list and accept offers, this promotes a dialog. You don't have to take the offer, but sometimes in the end that is where I sold it and at least got my money back.

cu.at.x
May. 21, 2011, 07:43 PM
I have one to sell, so I will be following this thread with interest. Craigslist only seems to have extreme bargain hunters.:no:

I don't know about that necessarily. I had my Wintec Isabell listed on CL, Tack Trader, and eBay, and it sold on CL for 80% of what I paid two years ago (saddle has been only lightly used, but still.)

baroqueNheart
May. 21, 2011, 10:18 PM
Horsetopia is free. I sold my saddle for a fair price there. It's search function is better than most which will expose you to more buyers.

Valentina_32926
May. 23, 2011, 10:32 AM
I sold my jumping saddle on warmbloods 4 sale.com and my dressage saddle via Ocala4sale.com - both free.

Leprechaun
May. 23, 2011, 06:59 PM
www.sporthorsenation.com. Not just horses. I've seen nice tack go quickly there. Good luck.