PDA

View Full Version : Dressage Barns in South Houston?

mackandblues
May. 20, 2011, 08:26 AM
Moving to League City, TX at the end of June and I am looking for a good place to keep and to continue taking lessons with my two horses. Feel free to PM me - thanks so much.

meupatdoes
May. 20, 2011, 08:56 AM
Moving to League City, TX at the end of June and I am looking for a good place to keep and to continue taking lessons with my two horses. Feel free to PM me - thanks so much.

Lurena Bell is FANTASTIC (trained with deKunffy her whole life) and completely transformed my riding in very few lessons, but she is in North Houston.

If you don't want to travel that far on a regular basis you might want to keep her in mind for trailer ins.

leilatigress
May. 20, 2011, 10:46 AM
Ditto Lurena! She clinics at my barn on occasion. DD had a ride with her before a show and did MUCH better. Very very awesome lady and I will be riding with her again.

Sonesta
May. 20, 2011, 12:24 PM
Best one south of Houston is Marie Morgan at Solstice Farms. http://www.solstice-farms.com

J-Lu
May. 20, 2011, 10:02 PM
I used to live in Houston and am familiar with South Houston barns.

What are your goals as a rider? What do you want for your horse? Do you plan to show? Schooling or recognized shows? How serious a rider are you? Do you want to progress or just learn to ride your horse? What kind of turnout, if any, do you want for your horse? How much do you plan to spend? Feel free to PM me with this info...I'm happy to help you navigate the Houston dressage scene based on your answers. Been there. Done that.

J.

J.