PDA

View Full Version : Pondering Life ....

europa
May. 19, 2011, 04:20 PM
After watching the lovely heart warming video of the woman with MS continuing her life with horses I just wanted to say thanks for the CHRON and all the people who have gone out of their way to make good things happen for me as well.

Everytime I just need morale support there is always someone here to listen and commiserate.

Life is just great sometimes and things just seem to come together. Getting my tractor fixed, ordered a brand new trailer, bought a fantatastic Arena Rover Drag and rebreeding my mare who presented me with a gorgeous filly.

LIFE IS GREAT>>>>>>>THANKS TO ALL OF YOU WHO HAVE BEEN EVEN THE SLIGHTEST PART OF MY HAPPINESS AND MUCH HAPPINESS AND SUCCESS TO ALL OF YOU!!

hundredacres
May. 19, 2011, 04:34 PM
What a sweet post! I think COTH is a wonderful place too. Just the other day I was thinking about how COTH is responsible for changing the course of my life, by connecting me with the greatest instructor ever, which has led to new friends and so forth.

deltawave
May. 19, 2011, 05:24 PM
What a great post. I love COTH--they know me here. ;) I was on the old USCTA BB, and a lot of the same people came on over here when that disappeared. I have met dozens of people at shows who introduce themselves by their COTH names who otherwise wouldn't know me from Adam but figured out I was "deltawave". And vice versa.

FlightCheck was an announcer at Maui Jim one year and introduced my horse and me in SJ as "Gwen and deltawave". :lol:

It's a little bit like a big family--some dysfunctional parts, but a lot in common and predictable--even if occasionally somewhat bizarre or cranky--behavior on the part of most members (myself included!) makes you feel at home. :D And when there is a need, like a family, we help each other out.

mkevent
May. 19, 2011, 08:06 PM
I was just thinking today how much I really appreciate Coth and all I have learned in the short amount of time I've been here. I wish I had joined earlier-probably could have prevented a lot of mistakes I've made around the farm!!

This really is a great group of people-many of whom I would love to meet in real life. I have found that this (Around the Farm) is my favorite because there are so many knowledgeable and helpful people on here. Every time I had a question on auto waterers, overhangs, fencing or whatever people take the time to give well thought out answers. I never get the feeling that I'm "annoying the experts" with all my questions!

I guess because no one else in my family is horse or farm oriented, I don't feel as alone being the one horse person. I grew up in a family where no one was interested in horses, married a man who doesn't care for horses, and have two daughters who aren't really very horse oriented, either. As wierd as it sounds, it's kind of cool knowing that there are hundreds of kindred spirits out there enjoying the same tiny details of life with horses. People that notice and appreciate the same little things that I do. People that don't roll their eyes when I talk about my day, no matter how mundane it sounds.

I'm glad there is a venue that allows us to all help, advise and comfort each other when the need arises.

Thank you Coth and all the Cothers that have also enriched my life with your stories, wit and wisdom.

Thank you Europa for starting this thread. I'm glad that things are going so well!

HPFarmette
May. 20, 2011, 11:32 AM
Yesterday I was also feeling grateful because when I read others' posts I remember I am not the only one tolerating this rain/mud insanity. And that we all have our little struggles with the health of our beloved equines...and with having enough time/energy to care for the farm and still be able to ride...:yes:

TrotTrotPumpkn
May. 20, 2011, 11:48 AM
I was/am having a bit of a pitty party today, but you are right. I have a ton of things to be grateful for! COTH rocks. Yes, some people are annoying, or downright nuts, but that's life. I agree that Around the Farm is a great forum and I have also learned a lot from everyone.

Tornado Run Farm
May. 20, 2011, 02:14 PM
I agree! :) I have learned sooo much since being a member here on COTH. I tell everyone that asks me any kind of farm or horse-related question that they should join COTH to benefit from this vast knowledge base!

I, like so many here, run the full farm operation by myself and it helps to get ready information from those who have already been there and done that.

I first learned of COTH when I had a mare who just foaled and hadn't come into milk right away. I was googling like mad and found some COTH posts about it... then I started reading the Sport Horse Breeding forum and stayed up until 4:00 in the morning just reading & taking it all in... I felt like Alice in Wonderland dropping into a whole new world!

I've learned so much, and it's made me such a better manager -- so many better ways of doing things that I really didn't even KNOW I was doing wrong in the first place...

And the "jingles" ... powerful! And I forget sometimes that "Jingles'" aren't common vernacular ... sometimes I catch myself telling people, "I'm jingling for you," and they look at me like I'm a little nuts... :lol:

What great knowledge and what a great community!

SmartAlex
May. 20, 2011, 02:21 PM
COTH has taught me so much. I'm sure my horse has a much better life because of you all.

Leprechaun
May. 23, 2011, 11:53 AM
Whenever I have a question I start with a search on the forums! There is a ton of valuable information here.

saddleup
May. 23, 2011, 01:04 PM
No one in my non-horsey family understood how devastated I was to lose my two favorite geldings last year, within six weeks of each other.

I posted about it on COTH and got so many heartfelt responses it was amazing. And it helped ease the pain. I'm grateful to have this board as a source of information, amusement, and support.

Calvincrowe
May. 23, 2011, 05:37 PM
Huzzah for COTH! I am so grateful for the amazing folks on here. When I joined, all those years ago, I had no idea that good horsemen and women would aide me in the recovery of my stolen horse--going so far as to help me ship, board and pay for his care in Canada when we did find him. I've gotten excellent advice ranging from field boot selection to hay sourcing, how to read a vet report and what my shoulder surgery would be like.

The emotional "horsey family" support is critical as well. Mr. CC is not horsey. I know I can always come here for a swift kick in the behind or a cyber hug...as needed!:)

I've also met some of you in person, and that is fun. There are some here I'd love to meet someday--and I feel like if I'm ever in Michigan or Virginia, I'd have a place to lay my head as long as I ID'd myself as CC from COTH!:lol: