PDA

View Full Version : Thinline Bridle anyone?

Whitfield Farm Hanoverians
May. 18, 2011, 04:15 AM
Anyone here used the thinline bridle? Wanting to know about the quality.

johnnysauntie
May. 18, 2011, 08:05 AM
I've been happy with mine. It's not as pretty as some but the quality seems to be fine. I especially like the padded crown that is also shaped around the ears. And the reins are freaking fantastic.

eventer_mi
May. 18, 2011, 12:28 PM
I used to love my Thinline reins, but after about a year or a little more of use, they're started to rip and tear along the sides. I would be hesitant to buy the bridle if the padding/lining did the same thing as the reins.

PiaffePlease
May. 18, 2011, 01:14 PM
I havent seen the bridle but I like the reins. Ive been using them less than 6 months, and havent had a problem with them tearing. I'd be upset if they did start to tear though.

3Spots
May. 18, 2011, 10:50 PM
Ditto on the reins. Mine are a year old and cracked and tearing. I love these reins and will continue to use them, but will not re-buy. I am a little embarrassed at what they look like as it seems as though I didn't care for my tack.

Dressage_Diva333
May. 19, 2011, 01:01 AM
I have a Thinline noseband and I'm pretty happy with it. Like mentioned above, not as fancy as some, but good quality. Only had it for about 3 months, but so far no problems.

AZ TD
May. 19, 2011, 01:59 PM
I bought one at the last WC in Las Vegas and loved it. However, all of the padding on the noseband and crown piece are severely cracking. I expect a bridle to last longer than that. So I would not buy another and am looking for a replacement now. The reins are still ok.
Theresa

ponysize
May. 19, 2011, 02:29 PM
I've had my bridle for 3 years. I clean the ThinLine foam with baby wipes and clean the leather with Horseman's one step.

flyracing
May. 20, 2011, 02:39 PM
You should not get glycerine on the padding! It basically eats it over months. Learned this on the ends of my first pair of reins. Second pair are still going strong 6 years later. I clean with water and use glycerine free balsam on the leather.