PDA

View Full Version : Sls dressage bridle

dressagedevon
May. 17, 2011, 02:56 PM
I just wanted to let everyone know do not buy this bridle and if you do buy this bridle do NOT use the reins. The bridle its self works okay and is nice quality bit the reins suck!! They break open under very little pressure. The first set I had I just thought they were a bad set, luckily I was on my saint horse and managed to get him to stop. Got off checked the reins and pit them back together, could not find anything wrong with them. They broke again the next ride, so I contacted the company they immediately sent me a fedex label to send bridle back and sent me a new one. I rode in it on Sunday and it was fine, today left rein snapped and then when I went to turn him the other way to stop and bam it broke also! Now all of a sudden I'm on a paniced horse with no reins!!! I held on at a full gallop because I knew he was just gonna head to the barn, but anyways still had to bail, luckily I didn't get hurt but someone else might not be as lucky!! So please be extra careful with these reins.

DancingDraft
May. 17, 2011, 08:17 PM
Wait, did the buckle/hook stud come unattached, or did the leather rip entirely?

Elkie
May. 17, 2011, 08:32 PM
That's interesting. A "bridle" for $49 dollars. Reins sold separately. First, that's a headstall if it doesn't include reins, english or western. And for $49 dollars? It's made in India.... period. I'm sorry you had an accident, but even the Vespucci's are made in India for much more. Buyer beware.

dressagedevon
May. 18, 2011, 11:34 AM
It is not a vespucci and it was not 49.00! It was around 100.00. The leather did not snap it was the quick release button that broke. The wasn't supposed to be a bash about cheap tack, it was a heads up if anyone else has this bridle, it's a very popular bridle from sstack. Also it does come with the reins, I know the difference between and headstall and a complete bridle!

Po-Po
May. 18, 2011, 11:47 AM
I've seen those bridles in Schneider's catalogs, and honestly they concern me. :( I am not sold on the safety of the "locking/quick change" mechanism. In the photos, they look like an accident waiting to happen.

Personally, I prefer traditional hardware...

TheHorseProblem
May. 18, 2011, 12:01 PM
I think you need to be more specific. Which bridle are you talking about, and which feature?

They have reviews of their tack. They need to know this feature is a problem before they get a lawsuit filed against them.:yes:

dressagedevon
May. 18, 2011, 12:54 PM
It is the sls quick change bridle from the schneiders catalog. I have contacted the company again and told them that the bridle and reins are dangerous and is a lawsuit waiting to happen, so hopefully they will listen. The link to the bridle is http://www.sstack.com/english_bridles_dressage-show-hack/pinnacle-sls-comfort-plus-dressage-bridle-with-crank/

friesian4me
May. 18, 2011, 12:57 PM
Make sure you put feedback on the website so people know of this problem. Too bad, nice looking bridle. Glad you are OK!

dressagedevon
May. 18, 2011, 02:49 PM
The company just called me and they have put a hold on all orders of this bridle until they have been examed and are found to be safe. Which I am very glad because I just don't want that to happen to someone else! But like I said the bridle is great, it's just the reins. So if you do have the bridle or like it just put on differed reins! Which is what I am planning on doing.

alto
May. 19, 2011, 02:34 AM
Glad you & your horse are OK!
It's great that the company seems to be taking this seriously - hope they will send you a little something :yes:

mypaintwattie
May. 19, 2011, 03:29 AM
Guess I'll hold off on ordering those SLS split reins I've been eyeballing. Keep us updated!

indyarab
May. 19, 2011, 10:24 AM
Glad you're OK. I just purchased the Joseph Sterling version of this bridle at Rolex. Haven't used it yet as the gelding I purchased it for is recovering from colic surgery. I will certainly take a look at the reins though I always switch out my reins to ones with rubber lining and stops! Schneiders really does stand behind their products and I'm sure corrections will be made to address the problem.

ArabDiva
May. 19, 2011, 01:32 PM
i gotta say, I LOVE the pinnacle/ Joseph Sterling bridles that Schneders sells. I don't have any experience with the SLS closures -- always buy traditional because they're cheaper. But the bridles are beautiful, soft, supple leather and well-made, for a really great price.

Gloria
May. 19, 2011, 04:34 PM
The company just called me and they have put a hold on all orders of this bridle until they have been examed and are found to be safe. Which I am very glad because I just don't want that to happen to someone else! But like I said the bridle is great, it's just the reins. So if you do have the bridle or like it just put on differed reins! Which is what I am planning on doing.

Really? They surely is not stopping people from ordering it online. I myself had horrible experiences with schneider. You can't pay me enough to order from them.