PDA

View Full Version : Better Posture Exercise

Calhoun
May. 17, 2011, 10:01 AM
For the last 2 months I've been doing the following exercise to improve my posture and it's beginning to work and serves as a reminder. It's called the Static Back Reverse Press.

Lie on your back w/ legs resting on a ottoman. With arms out to the side, bend your elbows so your fists are are towards the ceiling. Squeeze your shoulder blades together and down, hold for 1 second. Do 3 sets of 10.

Below is a link to an example (scroll down) and also to another exercise called the Standing Windmill, which I have not tried.

http://newandinterestingstuff.wordpress.com/2011/04/12/soul-surfer-bethany-hamiltons-fitness-workout-wsj-com/

Petstorejunkie
May. 17, 2011, 10:39 AM
ooh ooh I've got another one!
lie on your side with knees bent at a 90* angle like you are sitting in a chair (so 90* at the hip, 90* at the knee) both arms straight out in front of you.
take the top arm (so if on right side, your left arm) and arc your straight arm with hand continually touching the floor all the way behind you. Keep your knees together and facing the original direction, but your shoulder can follow the moving arm.
Totally opens up the chest

JB
May. 17, 2011, 04:20 PM
Yoga ;)