PDA

View Full Version : Girth question

maggie32
May. 16, 2011, 09:54 PM
Has anyone used the Prestige girth with elastic? not the anatomic one, but the contoured one. I would love to hear reviews!

maggie32
May. 17, 2011, 06:21 PM
sorry, forgot to provide a link!

http://www.legacytack.com/pc/11119/DGIRTH/Prestige+Dressage+Girth+with+Elastic.html

FEIPony
May. 17, 2011, 11:47 PM
I use this girth in my everyday training and at shows. It has held up very well for the past 3 years, being used pretty close to everyday.

The only problem I have is that it sometimes causes my horse to get rubs right behind her elbows. This problem is solved by making sure I'm dilligent about stretching out her front legs after the girth is tightened. Other than that I love the girth!

Po-Po
May. 18, 2011, 10:54 AM
A good friend of mine has this girth and it is very nice. High quality leather and elastic. Unlike some other dressage girths, the elastic on this Prestige is tight and will not stretch out past the end of the girth itself...a quality that I have seen in lesser girths. When the elastic stretches out past the girth ends it leaves the buckles in contact with the skin and the potential for sores to develop...this girth does not do that.