View Full Version : Clinic ideas??

Blume Farm
May. 16, 2011, 09:29 PM
My property is finally taking shape to the point where I can now actually have visitors and it not looked like a "complete work in progress"! My small covered (20m X 40m) is essentially done (only thing I still need to add are mirrors). So I was thinking of maybe hosting a clinic of some sort over the winter when I seem to loose motivation. The clinic would have to have the following criteria:

1) something that could be held in a small arena
2) I only have 6 stalls so something that doesn't require a lot of horse involvement. If it needed a few more horses there are some nice local dressage riders that could definitely haul in/ out and not necessarily need a stall. I also have very limited parking space for multiple trailers.
3) something that is affordable so participants would not have to pay a large amount.

i was thinking something like a conformation clinic, a saddle fit clinic, a long lining clinic, etc.

Just looking for ideas to see if anything could work? Might be fun!

May. 16, 2011, 09:35 PM
A Saddle Fit Clinic
A grooming clinic- grooming, braiding, clipping
A Yogalatis clinic, equilatis clinic
Balimo chair clinic
Equine Massage clinic
Piaffe/Passage clinic

karin o
May. 23, 2011, 08:54 AM
You might want to look into hosting a Tool Box Symposium. Check out the info regarding a clinic on www.lingh.nl. Thanks, Karin

May. 23, 2011, 08:57 AM
I would LOVE to attend a long lining clinic.

May. 23, 2011, 12:31 PM
I am doing clinics-where are you located?
I do Problem Horse clinics, also 'eyeballing' clinics-this one is fun! Learn to look at a horse to see where the problem is! People can bring their own horse pics, and we can evaluate them.
Also doing internet individual therapies!
check out my blog

May. 23, 2011, 01:21 PM
Balimo clinics (it is about far more than the chair) are fine in a small arena, and provide a lot of auditors as well as the rider - perhaps consider a symposium with a Balimo-certified instructor rather than clinic.

May. 23, 2011, 02:59 PM
Seat clinics. I've brought Erica Poseley in and it was a big success. Can easily be done in a small arena.

May. 23, 2011, 06:20 PM
Humm.... Are you trying to make money or just break even? Or is there someone who would do something for just her/his expenses?

How about a "You be the Judge Clinic"? Have a couple of riders do Intro or Training tests, and have everyone pair up, judge and scribe, then have them swap places, so the scribe judges and the judge scribes. Maybe not give out the sheets, or post scores, but let everyone discuss why Susie got a 7 on her first halt and a 4 on her second halt. People who have never tried to judge often find this very educational.

Or a Sport Horse Versatility Course? This is kind of like a trail horse class, but for dressage horses. If you google you can find info on this.

How to Analyze and Improve Gaits? Using Cavaletti?

Ride a Test, which would take maybe 15 riders to pay for itself?

You might poll some of your friends and see what they would like. I think almost anything educational and/or fun is worthwhile!