View Full Version : Who's going to the Raleigh CDI3*Y/J?

May. 14, 2011, 10:10 AM
It's going to be a great show with Regina Antonioli (of Del Mar fame) as the new manager. The Raleigh Hunt Horse Complex show grounds have undergone a face lift with paving of the aisles in the two CDI barns (the rest will be done over time) and 3 new dressage rings to replace the ugly old ones on the hill that used to get so muddy if it rains.

Plus we've got tons of new vendors, parties every night, a used tack sale and on Saturday night there's the GP freestyle and FEI Freestyle TOC competitions plus an exhibition of jousting and medieval games and the 82nd Airborne Chorus and Ft Bragg color guard to start the evening off...Very cool.

Plus we're raising money to assist the children of our active military through the Airborne Scholarship Association through the sale of tickets for Saturday night and a gorgeous commemorative poster...

Ya'll come on down and we'll leave the light on for ya...;-)

May. 15, 2011, 07:08 AM
I am definitely looking forward to having the CDI again this year. Also, as much as I love the CDI portion of the show, it is great for those who compete in the national portion of the show (the Capital Dressage Classic) to experience the upgrades to the facility and those wonderful new rings.

And now both of those Big A## Fans work in the indoor and covered, right? (I know that is the name brand of those fans, but I still feel the need to bleep out the name...lol)

The new CDI website:

May. 16, 2011, 06:39 PM
I'm coming with two 4 year olds and another young horse to do 1st level. It'll be another "baby" outing :)

May. 19, 2011, 09:05 AM
Looking forward to seeing you there, Eliza. I really enjoyed watching you ride one of those young mares in the Young Horse class at Pinehurst. She was lovely!

As for the CDI...it looks like we are going to have a great turnout. From what I understand (I am serving on the NCDCTA Competition Committee these days), the CDI portion is FULL and the Capital Dressage Classic has a large number of entries.