PDA

View Full Version : Carolyn Conley adopts Z Fortune

CVPeg
May. 13, 2011, 08:30 PM
How cool is that?

http://www.thoroughbredtimes.com/national-news/2011/05/12/hrtv-conley-adopts-z-fortune.aspx

Texarkana
May. 13, 2011, 09:19 PM
This whole deal has really been great publicity for New Vocations. I'm not much of a fan of Zayat and his folks, but I do think donating Z Fortune was a good move on their part.

CVPeg
May. 13, 2011, 10:07 PM
I agree - have seen a lot of credit taken by owners for something that others frankly arranged and worked at to make happen. But so happy for the horse, and I'm a fan of Carolyn on HRTV.

LaurieB
May. 14, 2011, 10:57 AM
That sounds like a win/win. Cool that she exercised his sire when he was on the track. :yes:

Calamber
May. 14, 2011, 11:40 PM
Who the heck is Carolyn Conley in relation to New Vocations? I just wrote them about a standardbred that I was trying to help place as a result of a difficult pregnancy of the owner and they told me they could not acept more, I got a boiler plate response showing that Dot Morgan had not even read the body of the ad. They had just gotten back from Rolex and they just get all of these requests all of the time, etc. I guess the standardbred was not enough of a celebrity? Then Dot told me on the basis of the photograph that I sent that the mare was lame because she showed overdeveloped muscles in the loin? The mare is sound as a dollar. I have to say, I was not impressed. The only thing she really offered was to send the message to two people in the network.

TheHorseProblem
May. 28, 2011, 07:54 PM
I met them both today! What an adorable horse.

TheHorseProblem
Oct. 7, 2012, 05:39 PM
So sad to report that Z Fortune colicked recently. He did not make it.

tradewind
Oct. 7, 2012, 05:41 PM
That is sad.

CVPeg
Oct. 7, 2012, 07:40 PM
Oh, no. I was wondering how he was doing. Think I read somewhere she had sent him out to be trained. Wondered how he was adjusting to accepting another occupation having been so successful on the track.

Very sad.

FatCatFarm
Oct. 30, 2012, 10:36 AM
Horrible news on a lovely fellow. RIP Z. :(