PDA

View Full Version : Crosby Freestyle Dressage Saddle

kkindley
May. 13, 2011, 02:17 PM
I searched for info on this saddle but could not find a whole lot. I have a "typey" TB mare that needs a saddle with a point billet. I currently have a Wintec 500 which we like okay. But it has the CAIR panels and with her ever changing back, it's now putting a touch more pressure under my thighs than it should, and of course there's nothing we can do to adjust it. I bought it for her last year as an interim saddle, and it looks like that time is up.

My local used tack shop had one I was going to try, but I went today to get it and it was gone. :( It looks like what we need/want. No big blocks, flat panels, slightly flatter seat, point billet. I see some have suede seats and some do not. and what is the difference between the Freestyle and Freestyle II? Are the older ones wool flocked? and if not, is there enough space to change out to wool? How do people like them, and do they typically fit big withered, big shouldered, forward girth TB's?

And of course, any suggestions for any other saddles that fit that kind of horse. Thanks!!

TBDressage916
May. 13, 2011, 09:38 PM
I had one and I LOVED IT!!!! I used it on my TB, but it fit a wide variety of horses. It was foam flocked, but almost every horse I set it on it fit and they went well in it. There was not much too it, which i liked as well, but unfortunatly it did not fit my wide no wither qh mare. I would highly recomend the saddle though!

babylark
May. 3, 2012, 12:20 PM
We just got one of these in on consignment at Cross Road Tack Shop. I was looking for info on them to see about pricing it. It seems like a nice saddle.