PDA

View Full Version : oldenburg mare Coniah - Atlanta

norton
May. 12, 2011, 01:34 PM
I traded a young horse for an Oldenburg mare named Coniah. I don't know much about her history except that she came from the Atlanta area. She was used as a broodmare for 3 or 4 years. She was shown First Level before being sold as a broodmare.

She has the best temperament God ever gave a horse. I've thought about breeding her myself, but I think I've officially crossed an age barrier to wait for a foal to grow up. I would be very interested in looking at one of her babies to purchase, as long as they have her temperament.

If anyone knows the whereabouts of her foals, please contact me.

DownYonder
May. 12, 2011, 04:00 PM
Did the mare come with registration papers?

norton
May. 12, 2011, 04:26 PM
I pulled out her papers when I saw your post. The mare was bred in Minnesota, so she must have had a few adventures along the way to end up in Atlanta. Is it worth trying to find the breeder and trace from birth forward?

DownYonder
May. 12, 2011, 04:36 PM
What year was the mare born, and were the papers issued by ISR/ONA or Oldenburg Horse Breeders Society / Oldenburg Verband? If the latter, I can get the registry to check and see if they ever registered any foals from her. It would be a long shot as her foals may have been registered with other registries, and have also probably been sold on by their breeders so may be impossible to track down.

norton
May. 12, 2011, 04:44 PM
I just sent an e-mail to Oldenburg North America. Coniah is registered with the Oldenburg Registry of North America and has a premium foal award with the International Sporthorse Registry. Her foal date is 4-9-98. I'm hoping her foals would still be young enough to be hanging around.

She was sold a year ago to another Atlanta area breeder, the woman I got her from. This breeder's stallion died, so she no longer needed the mare.

DownYonder
May. 12, 2011, 05:00 PM
OK, good luck! I am an Oldenburg person in the Atlanta area, but I work with OHBS/GOV.

If you can't find the mare's foals, look for close relatives. You may want to post on the breeding forum - lots of folks there very familiar with bloodlines and different breeding programs.