PDA

View Full Version : Hispar Boots

HSS
May. 8, 2011, 11:10 AM
Anyone have any experience with this company and their products? They have a very good price on custom dressage boots which I need- at least an everyday pair- but am loathe to do business with a company I've never heard of at any price.

Coreene
May. 8, 2011, 11:24 AM
I just got a pair of brown field boots from them, and I love them, especially because the quality was much better than I had expected for $210. I got some four years ago that are still going strong.

kris0227
May. 8, 2011, 07:03 PM
I bought a pair a few years ago before the Fuller Fillies line existed and Hispar made the only plus sized tall boots. I love mine, the leather is pretty nice and while I don't wear them all the time (only for shows), they've held up nicely and look like brand new. :)

Cruisesmom
May. 9, 2011, 03:14 PM
I bought a pair around christmas time. Only thing I can say negativley about them is the zipper keeper at the top of the boot is velcro....never stays put. They have held up well to daily riding, and look good.

Sizing is a bit off, i bought the plus size because my calves are large, but really could have just gone with the wide. They run large.

joiedevie99
May. 9, 2011, 03:15 PM
The calf on mine was shaped very oddly- with the widest part in the wrong place. Also, the zippers broke after the second use. The calves were slightly too large, so nothing caused the zipper issue either.

VCT
May. 9, 2011, 04:52 PM
I had the same problem with the weird calf shape as joiedevie99. I don't even think I can describe the calf issue other than to say they were shaped so strangely.

I ended up having mine altered by a local cobbler and he took the zippers out so I have never had to deal with them. The leather is quite nice for the money. I do not love the soles - slippery.