PDA

View Full Version : Qualified for NFDA Regional Championship

Equestryn
May. 8, 2011, 10:59 AM
I qualified yesterday for the NFDA Regional show in Jacksonville. I was wondering if any one else has qualified yet and what to expect from the show?

I qualified with my 5 to ottb in the Intro division. We had a 65.25 on the first test and a 65 on the second. The second one had a 9 for "Track Left at C" which I'm proud of but a 5 in the freewalk. Oops!

I haven't done much Dressage in my life so I'm a little nervous about a regional dressage show. I'm assuming we'll drive over the night before and settle my mare in. Should I have her braided? What can I expect that to cost? What can I expect the whole show to cost?

Its not til November but that gives me plenty of time to worry!

Thanks!

dressagedevon
May. 8, 2011, 07:04 PM
Hey there, I also got my second score yesterday as well as a couple of us others from over here. I have all the documents they sent me and I can send them to you, its also up on our website as well as theirs. The recommend braiding but its not required. It has the same rules as usdf does for their regionals. No whip, must ride from memory. We can go over it again at the next general meeting which will be next month. I forgot to add that it runs about the same as the rest of their schooling shows, its around 65 or so for a stall. Congrats!!!

Leprechaun
May. 8, 2011, 07:22 PM
Congratulations! I'm in Massachusetts but have seen ads for something like $35 - 40 for braiding.

rprincess73
May. 9, 2011, 09:04 AM
Hi Ladies,

CONGRATS! I am a member of NFDA...and am at every show. Should you need braiding done - feel free to let me know. I don't charge...I do it as a donation:) If you would like to see pictures of my work - shoot me a PM and let me know.

My daughter was showing Intro A and Intro B - Junior division on Saturday. She received a 61.875 for Intro A (1st)...and a 58.75 on Intro B (3rd). It was her first show...I'm definately a proud mom:)

Again, congrats on the scores!