PDA

View Full Version : The Official Why-My-Horse-Finished-Up-The-Track Thread

nasalberry
May. 7, 2011, 09:21 PM
Someone taught Dialed to how to count.
So after he got past the 11th horse, he said to himself: "That's gotta be all of 'em, right? Oh, wait I see one more ... Uh-oh ... What?!? :eek: SEVEN more??? Oops."

:winkgrin:

dani0303
May. 7, 2011, 09:42 PM
Mine broke his leg :no:

Really hoping he makes a full recovery! Heartbreaking for John Court and his connections.

usedtobeaweffer
May. 7, 2011, 09:56 PM
Two of mine ran pretty good… Shakleford and Pants on Fire.. I mean they didn't make it… but I was pretty happy they weren't 12 horses back… lol… Glad that ARc's injuries while bad, don't seem life threatening!

danceronice
May. 7, 2011, 10:16 PM
Hey, "mine" (such as was) managed to get up for fifth.

dressagetraks
May. 7, 2011, 10:27 PM
I liked AAA (leg :no:), Nehro (2nd - my story is that he thinks that's the object of the game, finishing second :D), and Midnight Interlude (inexperience?).

Acertainsmile
May. 7, 2011, 11:22 PM
My rider ran out of horse...

billiebob
May. 7, 2011, 11:30 PM
I picked the 2 most closely related to my personal TB--Uncle Mo (scratched) and Archarcharch (gaaaah leg! Hope he makes a good recovery!).

Animal Kingdom was not one of my picks as he was the only one in the field not related to my TB through the first 5 generations. Maybe that's why AK is a Derby winner and my horse is retired. :lol:

findeight
May. 8, 2011, 06:08 AM
Hey, I hit the exacta...for 8th and 9th.

Mine can read and knew you cannot hit the wire first in the Derby in your 5th lifetime start over 3 different racing surfaces with your big prep victory at Latonia...er...I mean Turfway.

Maybe mine also believed the lies told them by their trainers???? Interesting remark that one. Often true.

Hey, what is the condition of Battle of Hastings vanned off in the Turf race just before the Derby? I only got to watch those 2 races this year...2 for 2.

Madeline
May. 8, 2011, 08:33 AM
Mine weren't even close. Premier Pegasus ( leg a month or so ago) and Maclean's Music ( not even nominated to the TC.) Maybe not even in the same state.

Donkaloosa
May. 8, 2011, 10:27 AM
I somehow DID pick Animal Kingdom, based on his name alone --- I like it. But I really, truly wanted Pants On Fire to win because of the name.

Calamber
May. 9, 2011, 06:42 AM
Mine also finished up the track (with a broken leg). Welcome to the 21st Century of horse racing. Some how I failed to realize that he was by Dynaformer (is that true?). I guess I was busy with the real world and did not follow his breeding because I for sure would not have backed him with that pedigree. Off to the breeding shed to produce some more broken legged horses in the 3 year old "classic" races. Now to be called classic leg breaking races.

Madeline
May. 9, 2011, 08:35 AM
Mine also finished up the track (with a broken leg). Welcome to the 21st Century of horse racing. Some how I failed to realize that he was by Dynaformer (is that true?).

Nope. Archarcharch is by Arch.

Xctrygirl
May. 9, 2011, 10:37 AM
Mine also finished up the track (with a broken leg). Welcome to the 21st Century of horse racing. Some how I failed to realize that he was by Dynaformer (is that true?). I guess I was busy with the real world and did not follow his breeding because I for sure would not have backed him with that pedigree. Off to the breeding shed to produce some more broken legged horses in the 3 year old "classic" races. Now to be called classic leg breaking races.

Comma To The Top also had a condylar. But he's by Bwana Charlie.

Btw... such a healthy outlook. Didn't you say somewhere that you breed horses too?? Or am I mistaken?

~Emily

vineyridge
May. 9, 2011, 11:49 AM
I'd have expected something might happen to Comma To The Top because his sireline is famously fragile. But not with AAA. Kris S and Robertos in general are pretty danged tough. However, I just looked at the rest of his pedigree and the rest of it--well, the accident might not have been just mischance. He's pure fashion bred, and has too much Native Dancer, RAN, Northern Dancer and Mr P not to have the injury a probable rather than a possible. A low probable, perhaps, but not a freak accident.

He and Comma To The Top are good examples of what Drum says Mr. Irwin believes about the modern American TB.

harvestmoon
May. 9, 2011, 04:39 PM
Nope. Archarcharch is by Arch.

Whodathunk that Archarcharch was by Arch. ;)

Calamber
May. 10, 2011, 06:56 AM
Comma To The Top also had a condylar. But he's by Bwana Charlie.

Btw... such a healthy outlook. Didn't you say somewhere that you breed horses too?? Or am I mistaken?

~Emily

You are mistaken, I do not breed anything at this time and have only bred one appendix quarter horse filly. I worked on a couple of breeding farms, I "broke" young TBs for the track, I galloped a few on the farm, hot walked, groomed and was an assistant trainer for a hot headed Irish man who is now in Saudi Arabia training while I suffer, I mean live, in the PNW. I have been a lifelong (55 years, HAS IT BEEN THAT LONG!) devotee of the racing thoroughbred. I remember watching Carry Back win the Derby if that means anything other than a walk down memory lane. It is a rich walk though.:winkgrin:

Calamber
May. 10, 2011, 06:58 AM
I'd have expected something might happen to Comma To The Top because his sireline is famously fragile. But not with AAA. Kris S and Robertos in general are pretty danged tough. However, I just looked at the rest of his pedigree and the rest of it--well, the accident might not have been just mischance. He's pure fashion bred, and has too much Native Dancer, RAN, Northern Dancer and Mr P not to have the injury a probable rather than a possible. A low probable, perhaps, but not a freak accident.

He and Comma To The Top are good examples of what Drum says Mr. Irwin believes about the modern American TB.

Righto.

Madeline
May. 10, 2011, 08:51 AM
Whodathunk that Archarcharch was by Arch. ;)

And there's room in the rules for one of AAA's offspring to be named Archarcharcharch!

nasalberry
May. 10, 2011, 11:09 AM
And there's room in the rules for one of AAA's offspring to be named Archarcharcharch!

Oh, we could have fun with that!

Triple A
Golden Arches (barn name: MickyD)
Archenemy
Archangel

wireweiners
May. 10, 2011, 01:07 PM
I think MuchoMachoMan got spooked by the film clip of the Village People singing his name.

sisu27
May. 10, 2011, 01:16 PM
Hey, "mine" (such as was) managed to get up for fifth.

I had Master of Hounds as well but it was a sentimental pick after spending some time with some Coolmore connections (nice people, stunning farm and fat, happy horses I might add). Plus I love his name :)

He seemed to like the dirt just fine and ran out of track!

saanengirl
May. 10, 2011, 01:29 PM
I had Master of Hounds as well but it was a sentimental pick after spending some time with some Coolmore connections (nice people, stunning farm and fat, happy horses I might add). Plus I love his name :)

He seemed to like the dirt just fine and ran out of track!

I agree, I think he will be a horse to watch out for in the Belmont. I'm wondering if the slow early pace hurt him in this race.