PDA

View Full Version : Uncle Mo scratched from Ky. Derby!

Claudius
May. 6, 2011, 10:11 AM
Report says a "downcast" Pletcher announces that Uncle Mo is scratched from the Derby. No reasons mentioned....he drew the 18th pp. ( could that be the reason?) anyone have the inside scoop???

danceronice
May. 6, 2011, 10:14 AM
Hasn't he been touch and go anyway? Something about a fever or something where he was iffy all this week?

(Glad I didn't take him in my Breeder's Cup sweepstakes 'name the Derby winner' contest, though.)

shawneeAcres
May. 6, 2011, 10:15 AM
He had been reportedly recovering from a virus and they said they would only run him if they felt he was at 100% which I assume he was not. They were to consult with the vets and said the decision would be made before the wagering opened this AM to let the fans know.

jenarby
May. 6, 2011, 03:12 PM
The article I read said he'd been suffering from a GI infection that had responded to meds well...but when they started taking him off, he got sick again. He's not 100% like they had hoped so they scratched. I'm actually glad they did. I thought he looked really thin and dull in his last race.

AppJumpr08
May. 6, 2011, 03:41 PM
I'm not surprised he was scratched, and really honestly wish they'd done it earlier to make room for someone else... But... that's just me.

I really like Repole too - it's a shame the horse is having the health issues he is.