PDA

View Full Version : farms needing help in Lexington KY??

fleur de duc
May. 5, 2011, 03:15 PM
I know I posted a similar thread back in September and got TONS of help from it. I had a great position at a very small place helping with the horses but was unable to really break into a steady job due to my school schedule.

Now that school is over and I am free to get something to help pay the bills, I am thinking of ways to do that. I tried applying through the UK internship people, but really did not get much help there. I have sent my resume to quite a few farms today, but do you think it may be better to go in person? I don't want to just waltz in unwelcomed anywhere. Is it out of line to call up the farms and try to get in touch that way?

Also I have become pretty familiar with the trainers at Victory Haven through listing CANTER horses there, so I amy try that route tomorrow. I worked for 2 farms for the sales but they are not looking for extra help right now.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated. I have no issue doing barn work, sales prep, galloping, or anything in between. So just about any work on a farm will do :) Im just not sure where to start.

keepthelegend
May. 5, 2011, 08:24 PM
If you call any of the major TB farms right now, I bet you could get a job prepping yearlings in a month no problem!

DLee
May. 6, 2011, 08:52 AM
You might try Fares Farm.