PDA

View Full Version : Pick your winner!

Rubyfree
May. 4, 2011, 06:22 PM
Final works are in, posts are drawn and let's just assume all of them are going in the gate (coughMocough).....

Pick your winner.... ONE horse.

I think the race is darned wide open and will be playing some exotics on saturday, but just for giggles, my horse of the moment is....

Shackleford.

If your pick takes the wire, you win EXCLUSIVE BRAGGING RIGHTS in the racing forum for the next year! :D

MightyBobbyMagee
May. 4, 2011, 08:43 PM
Dialed In. And that's my ONE horse for win....but if you want my top three finishers, it's Dialed In, Mucho Macho Man, Archarcharch.

Calamber
May. 4, 2011, 09:33 PM
Archarcharch.

Leprechaun
May. 5, 2011, 12:57 PM
Mucho Macho Man! Say that 3x fast!!!

Miss Aria
May. 5, 2011, 01:15 PM
Still a little early to make a selection without knowing the track condition and/or the infamous CD track bias, but I'll go right now with Midnight Interlude. I really liked his SA Derby performance and he has the pedigree to handle almost any track condition.

Big_Tag
May. 5, 2011, 01:20 PM
Nehro! :)

NMK
May. 5, 2011, 02:05 PM
I'm with Big Tag, go Nehro!

Texarkana
May. 5, 2011, 06:35 PM
I'll say Uncle Mo, just because no one's picked him yet. :)

Plus, that means I get another pick if they scratch him... right?

MightyBobbyMagee
May. 5, 2011, 06:50 PM

I like your thinking! :lol:

cheektwocheek
May. 5, 2011, 07:02 PM
Twinspired:eek:

Laurierace
May. 5, 2011, 07:57 PM
Pants on Fire. Go Anna!!!

pnalley
May. 5, 2011, 08:38 PM
Pants on Fire. I have studied this a lot and I like his name the best:lol:

I just hope when he gets bred someone has sense enough to name one of the babies LiarLair. Get it? LiarLiar, Pants on Fire?

Mali
May. 5, 2011, 08:55 PM
Well, since Twice The Appeal is breaking from the #3 spot, which should put him right on the rail if he gets a good break, we KNOW how much Calvin likes that rail...

Mali
May. 5, 2011, 08:59 PM
Pants on Fire. I have studied this a lot and I like his name the best:lol:

I just hope when he gets bred someone has sense enough to name one of the babies LiarLair. Get it? LiarLiar, Pants on Fire?

OR they could name him/her "Day After Wings" :winkgrin:

dogdays
May. 5, 2011, 09:50 PM
Uncle Mo :yes:

sprite
May. 6, 2011, 09:41 AM
another vote for Pants On Fire!

nasalberry
May. 6, 2011, 09:47 AM
Dialed In
Nehro
Midnight Interlude
;)

Philliab
May. 6, 2011, 11:14 AM
Midnight Interlude :yes:

EquineLVR
May. 6, 2011, 01:21 PM
Aarcharcharch
Twice the Appeal
Twinspired

danceronice
May. 6, 2011, 01:49 PM
Since no one is touching him apparently, I'll say Master Of Hounds as my hunch play.

Uncle Mo bettors, please return to the window for a refund of your tickets... ;)

Chester's Mom
May. 6, 2011, 01:53 PM
ArchArchArch

And in the Oaks I want the two Flower Alley gals: Lilacs and Lace and Bouquet Booth!

Marney
May. 6, 2011, 02:01 PM
Santiva....Of course I like many others but I think Santiva might surprise:)

CVPeg
May. 6, 2011, 02:08 PM
Soldat - nice speed figure on a wet track.

My triple box is Soldat, Dialed In, and Twice the Appeal.

Although I have others I'd prefer emotionally!

And still smarting over Toby's Corner's withdrawal.

And I always have a hunch after the post parade...

elsbet
May. 6, 2011, 02:22 PM
I like Dialed In and ArchArchArch.

Sancudo
May. 6, 2011, 03:14 PM
Soldat! My pick from way last fall.

Heliodoro
May. 6, 2011, 03:32 PM
Soldat. Something just called me to him... Read up, sounds like he could be the ticket!

Master of Hounds comes in a close second.

InVA
May. 6, 2011, 03:46 PM
Animal Kingdom!!

I'd love to see Graham Motion get the recognition he deserves!

MunchkinsMom
May. 6, 2011, 03:56 PM
Mucho Macho Man is my pick.

esox
May. 6, 2011, 03:56 PM
Pant On Fire
Midnight Interlude
Dialed In or Master Of Hounds

EquineLVR
May. 6, 2011, 04:12 PM
Animal Kingdom!!

I'd love to see Graham Motion get the recognition he deserves!

LOVE this horses pedigree from a sporthorse perspective.. very nice!

I hope he does well!

Flashy Gray VA
May. 6, 2011, 05:15 PM
As noted on another thread, I'll make my final decisions based on the Weather Channel at about 4:30 p.m. EST ;)

Sooooo ... it's all about DIALED IN with me. I'm a sucker for those photos of Zito getting all goo goo over him. :D Love that little horse.

Thinking with my head, the following will be on my radar: Brilliant Speed and Animal Kingdom because they look fabulous and ready to rumble; Mucho MM because he's a gritty SOB for a baby. Pants because Rosie N. is on a roll, and Nehro, too, I guess.

Will be different depending on the projected 40% chance of rain!

Trevelyan96
May. 6, 2011, 05:41 PM
I'm liking Dialed In.

Texarkana
May. 6, 2011, 06:59 PM
I'll say Uncle Mo, just because no one's picked him yet. :)

Now I get to claim my longshot pick, Santiva.

(There's really quite a few others I'm picking/rooting for before him, though...)

pnalley
May. 7, 2011, 08:26 AM
Isn't ArchArchArch the one whose jockey was hurt in a spill? They had to replace him and he won so they went to the hospital to give the injured jockey is $17,000 commission? Thats pretty classy. I'd like to see people like that be big winners.
I think he has a Georgia connection too (I'm in GA)

War Admiral
May. 7, 2011, 08:31 AM
Mucho Macho Man!! Representing the ATL!!!!

(Who I really think is going to win? Dialed In.)

judybigredpony
May. 7, 2011, 08:39 AM
Animal Kingdom...*****

Calamber
May. 7, 2011, 09:20 AM
My longshot pick is Midnight Interlude, probably should be AAA because of the post position, who do you have to pay to get a decent shot in this race anywho? I cannot help but love Dialed In because of Zito and just because this horse exudes the can do spunk of the best thoroughbreds, but I think he may have been overextended in one of his last recent races. This is just what I love about horse racing though, it is any man's, or in this case, any woman's race as long as the "jockeying" doesn't get carried away. The horses' really like to surprise and at this age, their potential explodes so unexpectedly sometimes completely outside of the charts and experts pontificating.

haligator
May. 7, 2011, 09:34 AM
Hi,
Mucho Macho Man
Pants on Fire
Archarcharch
Long shot - Master of the Hounds

Hallie :)

Dry Clean Only
May. 7, 2011, 09:41 AM
Dialed In
Pants on Fire
Animal Kingdom

Now off to the liquor store for my Derby day bourbon!

QHEventr
May. 7, 2011, 09:54 AM
Animal kingdom!!!! Love how he's been going, and having a leroidesanimaux at home, I am really hoping he runs
big!

TKR
May. 7, 2011, 10:06 AM
Master of Hounds -- gotta pick him because of the name (I own the stallion Master Huntsman, now 31!). Also pulling for Archarcharch because in knew Jon Court from when Birmingham had racing years ago. I think he might have ridden for me, nice guy! Isn't AAA by Dynaformer -- another reason to pull for him.
PennyG

tbmorgan
May. 7, 2011, 10:23 AM
Animal Kingdom (because I can't find anything wrong with that horse and he needs to come live at my farm)

Archarcharch

Shackleford

Those are my top 3

I'm also using Mucho Macho Man, Nehro and Twice the Appeal with the above in a trifecta box. Hopefully I'll hit something with all these guys combined! LOL!

Cayusepapoose
May. 7, 2011, 12:22 PM
I'm pulling for Archarcharch - not because I'm big into racing but because I have a half brother to him. He came with the barn name of "Archie"and when I call him to come in I holler "ARCH ARCH ARCH"...
There was no livin' with me when Blame won the BC last year, lol.

Jingo-ace
May. 7, 2011, 04:44 PM
I'm rooting for Pants of Fire!

My hubby says it'll be Shackelford!

Another exciting Saturday afternoon, huh
:) J

usedtobeaweffer
May. 7, 2011, 05:32 PM
Oh man I gotta say let's see to win….. Dialed In…

however, heart choices…. Mucho Macho Man… haha

and Shakleford, and of course Twice the Appeal… after he's post position #3 and he's go "Bo-rail" up…. lol

usedtobeaweffer
May. 7, 2011, 05:37 PM
Oh yeah and I forgot Pants on Fire…. because well come on guys I wanna see a girl kick ass!

cmdrcltr
May. 7, 2011, 05:39 PM
Dialed In for the simple reason that I happened to be visiting my mom in FL and was at Gulfstream on FL Derby Day. :D

usedtobeaweffer
May. 7, 2011, 05:40 PM
TKR-- Brilliant Speed is the Dynaformer horse

Rubyfree
May. 7, 2011, 05:45 PM
Master of Hounds -- gotta pick him because of the name (I own the stallion Master Huntsman, now 31!). Also pulling for Archarcharch because in knew Jon Court from when Birmingham had racing years ago. I think he might have ridden for me, nice guy! Isn't AAA by Dynaformer -- another reason to pull for him.
PennyG

Hey TKR, totally unrelated, but how much do you know about racing in Birmingham? My favorite OTTB raced their exclusively (or almost) and was bred by O.H. Wienges & Son, who from what I've been able to find were relatively well known in the area. Just curious, the OTTB in question long ago left my possession. :)

ThisTooShallPass
May. 7, 2011, 05:52 PM
I do not have a favorite this year. I bet Pants On Fire just to support the girl power factor. Looks like many are are taking the same tact too. ;)

May have to plop a bet on Mucho Macho Man too, just to support Kathy.

*Go Girls Go!*

Laurierace
May. 7, 2011, 06:16 PM
Here is my box PoF, MMM, DI, AAA.

Rubyfree
May. 7, 2011, 06:26 PM
MMM looked great in the post parade. Just great.

blonde_jumper
May. 7, 2011, 06:35 PM
And it's Animal Kingdom for the win.

ETA: Hoping ArchArchArch is ok

EquineLVR
May. 7, 2011, 06:45 PM
WHOO HOOO ANIMAL KINGDOM!! Now he has to win the Triple Crown! :)

Laurierace
May. 7, 2011, 06:49 PM
If it can't be a MD jock I am glad it's a MD trainer! Graham is one of the good guys in the industry. Congrats!

usedtobeaweffer
May. 7, 2011, 06:50 PM
I hope there's a race to the Triple Crown! lol…

InVA
May. 7, 2011, 10:39 PM
If it can't be a MD jock I am glad it's a MD trainer! Graham is one of the good guys in the industry. Congrats!

Hell to the yeah!!

judybigredpony
May. 8, 2011, 09:19 AM
Hot D*m Graham...and congrats to Herringswell and Team Valor :).............

Calamber
May. 9, 2011, 05:44 AM
Somehow I failed to realize who my pic was by, if indeed Archarcharch is by Dynaformer. If I had known (guess I was busy with the real world and didn't check) I would not have touched him with a ten foot pole. Welcome to the world of leg breaking classic races. Will this ever end?

Just noticed the other poster who said it was Not So Brilliant Speed. I guess that they will just chuck him (AAA) into the breeding shed anyway.

Hopefully it was just that horrendous stumble at the start, although the saddle slipping up to his neck sure did not help. How in the name of all that is holy, does someone's saddle slip in the Kentucky Derby? What is going on with these races?