PDA

View Full Version : Outodoor arena mirrors

Bearskin
May. 4, 2011, 10:17 AM
OK, so I got a killer deal on some mirrors at the habitat store that came from a hotel that they were remodelling. They are 1/4" thick and about 52" X 48". I plan on installing them on the short end of our outdoor arena. I have done extensive searches for advice on how to properly install them, but I would love to seen pictures of how your mirrors are actually mounted. The contractor continues to try to exlain the process to me, but I am not sure I am following. Can anyone please post detailed photos of your arena mirrors and how they are mounted/installed?

manentail
May. 4, 2011, 11:47 AM
I am getting arena mirrors installed in my indoor here in a few weeks, and they will mount them to plywood with industrial strength glue AND mirror holders for extra support, and then mount the plywood to the wall.

AnotherRound
May. 4, 2011, 12:39 PM
Crossing my fingers that the sun isn't going to be reflected in it at any point!:)

CatOnLap
May. 4, 2011, 09:53 PM
my outdoor mirrors came from a hotel demolition sale and were similar- two are 3 feet by 7 feet and were mounted vertically at the ends of long sides and one is 4 feet by 8 feet and was mounted horizontally at "E". We did not glue them in because with temperatire changes we were told the glue might pull the mirroring from the glass or actually break the glass. We used 1/2 inch plywood as a backing, with 2x4 frame around it and 1x1 tacked onto the 2x4 to hold the mirrors into the frames. The framed mirrors are free standing, having been mounted onto a 2 x 4 frame with a-frame braces attached to the 2x4 sides of the frame.

They've been standing out in all weather including hail and snow, for 15 years now.

I used to have pictures on this site, but when I gave up my premium membership and changed my user name, the photos were lost to me.