PDA

View Full Version : shopping for break box, top of the line suggestions please

leslie645
May. 2, 2011, 11:51 AM
Hi
I am shopping for break box, want the best on the market..would love suggestions...the trailer places have different ones, such as a Tekonsha for a 100 bucks, but Im not sure its the best on the market...more of a 'this is what I stock' . If the 100 dollar tekonsha is as good as the 300 dollar one then sure I would buy it, but I dont have a clue, so please Please help me.
My trailer is new 2 horse alum with electric breaks, pulled by my dodge 1500.

Thank you :)
leslie

SGray
May. 2, 2011, 01:21 PM
brakes = what stops the car
breaks = when it breaks then it is broken

asterix
May. 2, 2011, 01:53 PM
scroll down this page to the "Brake controller suggestions" thread started by mvp.

leslie645
May. 2, 2011, 02:27 PM
Thank you asterix.

About the brake/break, i have a neuro issue going on. But thanks for the rude spelling correction.

SGray
May. 2, 2011, 02:32 PM
hon' a breaker box is where circuit breakers are in your house so looking at your subject line one would think you are doing home improvements - thus, people that can respond to your actual need may not open the thread

Kryswyn
May. 2, 2011, 02:46 PM
I actually tuned in because I wasn't sure what info was being requested, but was leaning toward breaker box. SGray, you have the correct title ;)

Tom King
May. 2, 2011, 05:53 PM
The best on the market right now is:

http://www.maxbrake.com/

It's the only one available right now that I believe you can control the suspension compression release during a stop with. Of course, few are good enough drivers to be able to do it anyway, in which case it probably doesn't make much difference between the Maxbrake or one of the inertia sensor ones like the Tekonsha's.

Personally, I wouldn't have one of the inertia sensor ones.

I used to have a BrakeSmart, which worked the same way as the Maxbrake, but it was stolen out of the truck. I doubt the thief even knew what it was. I think the Brakesmart is still for sale somewhere, but it looks to me like they are left over inventory with no factory backing.

leslie645
May. 2, 2011, 06:19 PM
Thank you Tom, much appreciated.
As I had to google suspension compression realease, Im one of those who wouldnt know how to use it. :)

My trailer hitch place sells the Teshonka P3. I sounds like this is the next best thing.
Thanks again.