PDA

View Full Version : Fly control around your back door

Serigraph
Apr. 28, 2011, 06:00 PM
Any tips? The flys came on quickly b/c we've had summer like temps and mugginess. We typically use our back door from the carport coming into the house. The flys are all around there though. My elderly dog had an accident right outside, so I am guess that is probably the main reason, but we have our barn shoes there too. I've moved them away, but I need them close by since I go out so frequently.

We put up the sticky fly traps and I poured some diluted fly spray on the cement. It has helped a lot, but I'm in and out many times per day and they flys get inside.

What else do you guys use? We have 4 dogs inside and out, so needs to be safe and something they won't take to use as a new toy.

I'm doing all the regular stuff at the barn to keep the flys down, just didn't expect them to be this bad near the house.

Bluey
Apr. 28, 2011, 06:12 PM
We have not had any flies around the doors since we started using fly predators and put half the package around the house.
We started five years ago now and our neighbors still have tons of flies, we don't hardly have any.:)

You may want to try that ... ;)

suz
Apr. 28, 2011, 06:56 PM
try those hanging bead or plastic strip room dividers. when i was in italy they were in every doorway--not for looks but to keep the flies out. seems they don't like to fly though them.
that plus a bunch of bullfrogs living near that door might help!