PDA

View Full Version : God Bless My Mechanic

ChocoMare
Apr. 27, 2011, 02:18 PM
I have found a GEM in him and must publically brag! :yes:

Not only does he do all the work on our regular SUV quickly, expertly and at a reasonable price, but he will also tackle our F-250 Turbo Diesel (even tho he doesn't technically "do" diesels) and, after this week, he has also become our Trailer Dude.

Since we give him a good bit of business and know the quality of work, we asked if he'd be able to do a brake inspection, tire inspection & rotation, pack the bearings and do the under-floor frame inspection. Says "No problem.. haul it over here."

Done in one day PLUS redid the wiring from the truck to the trailer (we inherited old wiring that worked but not perfectly, so he fixed it) and when it appeared it was time for a new brake controller, he instead took a longer look at it and realized it was just another wiring issue... relaced it and ...voila'!... good as new :D

I loff him. :cool:

FOR LOCALS: It's Brad at MainStream Automotive in Dallas GA.

stillknotreel
Apr. 27, 2011, 02:20 PM
Amen to him! If only more people had the respect that you do for what we all do. I wish I worked in Dallas now!

Hats off to all the behind the scenes people that keep our vehicles running smoothly. Haven't met someone like you yet! Care to move?

tasia
Apr. 27, 2011, 03:28 PM
A good and honest mechanic is an awesome thing!! I used to have one that would tell me what HAD to be replaced, what could be ignored and what to hit to make something work lol.

I've since moved, bought a new truck, and my SO has a tire/service shop. I have new tires on everything. Nitrogen in all tires including manure spreader and wheel barrow :) How lucky am I :)