PDA

View Full Version : Wooden step ladder/ 911!--They aren't making them anymore? UPDATE-- Ace Hardware

mvp
Apr. 27, 2011, 11:36 AM
So I go to ye olde hardware store to get a new step ladder for braiding, mounting and whatnot. I also go to the two Big Box stores in my search. I can only find aluminum and cheesy ones with tall handrails in the way. I want old skool wood that has a chance of breaking if a horse leg gets in the works.

Where have you guys seen these traditional wooden step ladders of late?

I'm in Southern CT if that helps.

2DogsFarm
Apr. 27, 2011, 11:48 AM
Is this what you need?

http://www.acehardware.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3001921&cp=2568443.2568451.2626215.2624967

I'm looking for one a little taller - needed to get me into the sleeping part of my GN :D
Honestly, that little metal step they put in there is a joke!

ETA: & I found what I need here too for just $38.99
mvp - thanks for posting this & helping me find what I needed

sk_pacer
Apr. 27, 2011, 12:20 PM
They still make them....saw a whole rack of them last time I was in the local farm supply. Try checking builders' supply places aka lumber yards as they usually have them (painter's ladders)

TrakeGirl
Apr. 27, 2011, 01:20 PM
I also had a hard time finding them last year – none of the chain stores had them. Only metal.

Ended up finding one at a mom and pop hardware store – I would call a few in your area.

wsmoak
Apr. 27, 2011, 01:31 PM
Here: http://www.amazon.com/W130-4-SERIES-TYPE3-WOOD-STEPLADDER/dp/B000WEKORI

(Google *knows* everything, and Amazon *has* everything. Thankfully, Google knows all about Amazon. ;) )

mvp
Apr. 28, 2011, 12:05 PM
Thanks you guys.

The update: It seems that only Ace Hardware stores still have these, sometimes not in stock. No to Home Depot, Lowes or True Value.

I found mine last night when I happened to stop into an Ace Hardware store at 7.55 pm. The dudes said they didn't have one. But lo and behold! There in an aisle was their store one that had be around forever but was looking/working great. They very kindly sold it to me for that old price then and there.

Hats off to Ace Hardware and some guys who understood why the horse person's step ladder should be wood.