PDA

View Full Version : New farm name

manentail
Apr. 23, 2011, 11:30 AM
We are changing the farm name and after months of sifting through idea came up with this:
Either: War Horse Stables, or War Horse Equestrian Center
We are an English farm (dressage, hunter/jumpers, and eventing) and my husband is a TB fan (Man O' War bloodlines)

How does this sound to people?

katie+tru
Apr. 23, 2011, 09:57 PM
I don't care for any of the War Horse ones... they honestly remind of some ranch that tourists would take trail rides at or something. :lol: Hawk Valley is okay, but sounds sort of generic. I wouldn't be surprised if there's already places with the same or similar names.

philosoraptor
Apr. 23, 2011, 10:06 PM
War Horse sounds like someone breeding old-style big stocky horses for jousting or medieval reenactments. Or touristy things, as Katie said. It just doesn't say "dressage h/j" to me personally...sorry.

I am not sure about the "equestrian center" label. What makes a farm an equestrian center? I really don't know to tell the truth. :) My gut reaction is big public lesson barn that hosts lots of events, as in a center of equestrian activity for the area. Does that fit your business?

katie+tru
Apr. 24, 2011, 12:59 AM
Agreed. "Equestrian center" paints a picture of a 30+ stall barn with luxurious ammenities and mulitple arenas. If this is you, go for it. If not, you may end up confusing/misleading potenial customers.

Maybe Man-O Farm? Unique and totally legitimate sounding.

manentail
Apr. 24, 2011, 08:22 AM
Keep the ideas rolling, we are clean out...again. And I need a name pretty quickly to get a sign out front.

manentail
Apr. 24, 2011, 08:43 AM
Maybe something like Collecting Gaits Equestrian Center? Never mind, that's already in use

manentail
Apr. 24, 2011, 08:50 AM
We have a small waterfall on our property, maybe do something with that?

Equestryn
Apr. 24, 2011, 09:35 AM
This may sound weird but I've never been a fan of "stables" in the name. I feel it sounds too "saddle club"-ish but that's just me. My farm is Iron Star Equestrian. I don't add the "center" because its a little farm with a riding program and small horse shows. When I get a bigger farm, I may add "center" on it.

LauraKY
Apr. 24, 2011, 09:52 AM
Just google whatever you choose before you make a final decision is my recommendation. You don't want the same name as a sketch farm and on the other hand, IMO, it looks tacky to try to trade on a more famous farm's name. By the way, War Horse Place in Lexington is a very high end broodmare farm.

Bayou Roux
Apr. 24, 2011, 10:45 AM
Between your signature line and your water feature, I'm thinking
Courage Falls Farm.

Nezzy
Apr. 24, 2011, 10:50 AM
Waterfall Equestrian. Creekside Equestrian.

anchodavis
Apr. 24, 2011, 11:01 AM
If you made Warhorse one word it might flow together a little better? I like it. :) I'm have the same problem. We just have a small private place, but I'm working toward doing very small-scale boarding as well as hay growing, orchards and some other things, and I haven't created an LLC yet because I can't decide on a name! :(

manentail
Apr. 24, 2011, 09:43 PM
How do people like "Indian Hill Equestrian"?

AnotherRound
Apr. 24, 2011, 10:04 PM
Indian Hill is fine but boring.

Man o war's sire was Fair Play.

I almost like Fair Hill equestrian Center better.

Whgere are you located?

AnotherRound
Apr. 24, 2011, 10:13 PM
War Admiral and War Relic were famous sons.

Indian Relic Farm

(why do you go with Indian?)

I would find something about your farm which reflects you and the way you use your land. Like

Brook Bridge Farm (because you built a bridge over the brook)

or

Christmas Tree Woods (because there are all these little pines everywherhe)

Stone Bridge Race (because there is a swift river running under the stone bridge)

or

Race Brook Farm

The Hollow (beacuse you are in a dip where there is a no cell zone)

Old Toll Bridge Farm

Foot hills hollow

Black Hills Bridge

So you have to tell us where you live, and some kind of history about the place. Say to us what the landscape is and what about the landscape has spoken to you on your property?

Nezzy
Apr. 24, 2011, 10:48 PM
I like Indian Hill Eq. Sounds nice.

manentail
Apr. 25, 2011, 08:51 AM
We live in Franklin, OH and there were two tribes of Indians that lived here. The Miamis and Iroquois. Still looking into the history of MY land, but this area is pretty boring in general, and EVERYTHING is named Miami around here. One of the neighbors told me that my house used to be a hunting lodge, but no one knows what it was called or who owned it.:(

I like the sound of Indian Relic Farm, that was creative.

Heinz 57
Apr. 25, 2011, 05:48 PM
What about War Hawk? I myself don't like the sound of 'stables'.. equestrian or equestrian center is better but I just went with straight ol' 'Farm' when I was choosing mine. War Hawk would also give you some pretty easy options if you wanted a logo!

rmh_rider
Apr. 25, 2011, 08:03 PM
There are other words you can use besides "war".

rustbreeches
Apr. 25, 2011, 08:08 PM
How about Old Lodge or Lodge Falls or Iroquois Lodge? Not keen on the War Horse. I do like the Hawk Valley. Are you large enough to be an equeatrian center? It brings to mind multiple rings, many instructors and a heated viewing area!

SMF11
Apr. 25, 2011, 10:14 PM
Why do you want a name for your farm? If it is just to have a pretty name, then go with one of those suggestions. But, if it is to signal what your business is to the public you might want to make that part of the name -- it helps with the marketing.

My barn is always listed as "Sugar Maple Farm Equine Retirement Boarding" and that tells you exactly what I do. (I do not have a sign out front, so always use the longer name).