PDA

View Full Version : Farm Signs

fordtraktor
Apr. 21, 2011, 09:38 AM
What kind of farm sign do you have? Where did you get it? Do you like it? Would you change anything?

Need a farm sign, no one can find our house as it is hidden from the road. They always go to the neighbors, since all the nav systems tell them we live there for some reason.

Bluey
Apr. 21, 2011, 10:56 AM
You can design whatever you like, take it to the high school shop teacher and the kids will use that to learn to use the plasma cutter.
For the price of the material, the metal, you can get exactly what you want.

We got our name in individual 10" letters, welded on an angle iron each and bolted it to the top of a nice farm gate by the entrance.

Your imagination is the limit if you go that route and you can spray paint it any colors you wish.

Here is what a friend had the local shop kids do for us, for the top of the yard entrance:

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a298/Robintoo/Horses2-20-071796.jpg?t=1303398190

witherbee
Apr. 21, 2011, 12:40 PM
That is gorgeous Bluey!

I too need a farm sign. I like the look of wood, but it gets ruined too soon. Would like our logo and name on it and plan to hang it on one of those wooden sign holders with 2 small chains. Would love to see what others have as well. Also, cost and where they got them!

drewsbadboy
Apr. 21, 2011, 03:53 PM
We went with a local sign printing company and were very happy with the results. Then, the fence company made a frame and installed the sign for us. What was great was that they took one of our photos and used it on the sign. :)

http://s1117.photobucket.com/albums/k587/Shardelisada/Farm%20pictures/

Bluey
Apr. 21, 2011, 05:17 PM
We went with a local sign printing company and were very happy with the results. Then, the fence company made a frame and installed the sign for us. What was great was that they took one of our photos and used it on the sign. :)

Wow, that is beautiful.:eek:
Even if it only last some years, who cares, you get a new one then.;)
This one is so pretty is worth it.:cool:

katarine
Apr. 21, 2011, 05:23 PM
I don't have one any more since it was stolen years ago. I guess Full Moon Farm was too tempting. It hung under the mailbox, too easy to steal.

Those are lovely, folks!

the_other_mother
Apr. 21, 2011, 05:32 PM
I used one of those real estate for sale signholders to start with. THen went to the print shop at the farmers market, looked thru the designs, found a nice horsehead inside a horse shoe, picked my farm colors, backgrounds, and fonts and had them make it for me. Also got a matching sign for my trailer and truck. Not the grandest of signs but it works and looks nice at the end of my gated wooded driveway, not too much, not too little. Under $150

DiablosHalo
Apr. 22, 2011, 07:42 AM
I got our sign from a vendor at the MD horse expo. The name escapes me right now- but I'll update post tonight when I look at the invoice. I believe it started with an "S" and they were from the New England area. I'll google right now and see.

I ordered it at the expo - it came out beautifully and very reasonably priced. ($300) for a medium sized one sided sign.

DiablosHalo
Apr. 22, 2011, 07:45 AM
Here it is:

Swett Signs Inc.

http://www.swettsigns.com/

GreenieBeanie
Apr. 22, 2011, 08:12 AM
I ordered my farm sign from the people who make the signs for the Department of Transportation. 2' x 3' metal/reflective, made according to my specs, about $50. Will last forever like a stop sign. Oh, I also ordered a stop sign shape that says WHOA!

deltawave
Apr. 22, 2011, 08:26 AM
EZ Signs did mine in about a week, very affordable and nice. :yes:

theoldgreymare
Apr. 23, 2011, 02:36 PM

I love this idea! What is the actual sign made of?

NoDQhere
Apr. 24, 2011, 11:15 AM
We painted ours on good grade sanded plywood. It has a reflective border so it shows up at night. My future plan is to make our farm crest into a sign.

drewsbadboy
Apr. 24, 2011, 03:56 PM
I love this idea! What is the actual sign made of?

Thanks! I believe the material is coroplast. It's really durable. You can have photos printed on it and you can use both sides. :)

2DogsFarm
Apr. 25, 2011, 01:19 PM
I ordered my farm sign from the people who make the signs for the Department of Transportation. 2' x 3' metal/reflective, made according to my specs, about $50. Will last forever like a stop sign. Oh, I also ordered a stop sign shape that says WHOA!

Ooh! ooh!
I'm in NW IN too - just outside Crown Point :yes:
Who did you call about your sign?

Leprechaun
May. 5, 2011, 10:02 AM
We had a large granite sign made locally. We landscaped it in and love it. It's on our website but I don't know how to add a picture here.

NO MAINTENANCE! I'd highly recommend it.