PDA

View Full Version : Shopping for hunter at the Fasig Tipton Midlantic 2Yr Old Sale- Advice Please!

Reminisce
Apr. 19, 2011, 11:16 AM
Hello COTHers!

I am currently on the search for a thoroughbred to become my future amateur owner/ working hunter show horse. I've owned ottb's my whole life, and the time has come for me to find my forever horse. While I regularly check CANTER and my trainer's connections at the track; I plan to expand my search to the Fasig Tipton Midlantic 2 year old sale in May. I am doing everything I can to look at all the options in front of me and find the perfect horse for my needs.

Do any of you have recommendations on bloodlines I should check out for the youngstock at this sale? Any sires in particular? I know that bloodlines aren't everything, but they can be helpful! Ideally I am looking for: only colts/geldings that are well put together, will top out between 16.1-17.1 hands, move nice, jump nice, and have a great/ sensible personality?

Thank you all for your help! :) Sorry if a thread like this has been done before, I am horrible at searching the forums effectively.

The full catalog can be seen here if anyone cares to look:
http://www.fasigtipton.com/catalogs/2011/0523/mtweb.pdf

The index with just sire/dam can be seen here
http://www.fasigtipton.com/catalogs/2011/0523/mtmain.pdf

witherbee
Apr. 19, 2011, 11:30 AM
I'm sure I will not be the only one to say this, but why would you shop for your next hunter at a 2 year old in training sale?

A bit of perspective from the seller's side:
The sale is meant for racing horses, and they have been in training to that end. The breeders are hopeful of breeders awards and hope to "make" their mare or stallion. A lot of time and money has ben invested to get them there, and to your deteriment, some have been pushed early to get good times. As a seller, I certainly would not be thrilled to have one of mine go to a hunter home from this sale.

A bit of perspective from the buyer's side:
You would be getting a young horse that has been effectively in race training to a certain extent, and possibly pushed too early, so may have issues the same as an OTTB would. Prices will most likely be higher than you'd find via private sale from farms that are culling their non-racing stock. The horses will look great, but once let down from that heavey work load will not look the same and will need retraining.

I totally understand the excitement and thrill of buying a 2 year old at auction, and you'll do what you want, but personally, I'd want to either get a yearling or a 2 year old that has not been sale conditioned.

Good luck in whatever you decide, and I hate to sound harsh, but times are tough all around and I sure would be unhappy if one of my babies went from that sale to a hunter home. If there are some that are bottom prices in the sale and their sellers set no reserve, then I guess they don't mind.

No insult meant to you at at all, I am a hunter person too, and it's great that the horse would have a great home, just is not the ambition of most breeders. We wait so long for a mare that we are trying to make to get in foal, have the baby and for the baby to grow up and race, so it is frustrating when you lose all of that time and money with no return on either the foal or the mare's value.

ladybugred
Apr. 19, 2011, 11:39 AM
I'm also in the FT is the wrong place camp.

You would be better off going through a private farm and buying an unstarted 2 yr old. Or try CANTER, New Vocations etc, if you want a race bred TB. You'll likely pay less and get a horse that has been started in a new career.

Sorry if that's not what you wanted to hear.

LBR

Barbara L.
Apr. 19, 2011, 11:44 AM
I don't think it is a bad idea at all...the economy is bad right now, definitely a buyer's market, and that sale is not one of the top two-year-old sales in the country--you may get a great deal.

If nothing else, it is fun to follow the sale, see as many horses as you can, and learn more about conformation.

Sure, the breeders of these babies would like to see them race, but on the lower end of the price scale, you may get a decent horse with no real black-type pedigree, that is already broke to saddle. Most people are realistic--and if they really want to keep them in a racing situation, they'd RNA them, or sell them privately.

Obviously, I'd rather have you provide a good home for one of our adoptees, but that is because I have so any to place with good homes...

Go for it! (Just my opinion!)

Reminisce
Apr. 19, 2011, 12:06 PM
Witherbee and LBR- Thank you for your honest input,I appreciate it. I understand that they have all been sales prepped and get that they will need retraining- that's not an issue and we have done this with several in the past. I do see what you mean from a breeder's perspective and I apologize.

I don't mean to offend any breeders who aim for their stock to go onto to become racehorses. I'm really sorry to have offended anyone- that wasn't my intention. However like Barbra L. said- with how the economy is I didn't think it'd be a bad idea to pick up a well put together 2 year old who goes for the lower end of the price scale.

Barbra L- I'm checking out your website now! I'm totally open to that option too.

The whole idea of me checking out the FT sale is because I am trying to examine all options in order to find the perfect horse for me. I'm looking at private sales, CANTER, OTTB rescues, and the FT sales.

If anyone has any suggestions on farms in the Maryland area to check out to go the private sales route please let me know.

luckyduck
Apr. 19, 2011, 12:09 PM
I picked up my now three year old from the OBS yearling sale.

I bought him AFTER he went through the ring and didn't get a bid and I got a good price on a NICE hunter.

Buying from the TB sales is a tough game to play. The yearlings are walked never trotted and are stood for you to look at their conformation. The 2 year olds you might get a glimps of them trotting on the way to the track for the "under tack viewing".... and I will tell you...what makes a nice race horse...also makes a nice hunter sometimes and the bids will make your insides do a belly flop when the one you had your heart set on....goes through the ring for $200K!

A good piece of horse flesh is a good piece of horse flesh! HOWEVER....just because its pretty standing there...doesn't mean its going to win the hack. Knowledge is power in this kind of situation and a whole lot of good luck.

I am a forever fan of the TB in the hunter ring. (I love a good warmblood, but a TB makes my heart feel good!)

caffeinated
Apr. 19, 2011, 12:10 PM
I would think you may get a great deal going this route, and (provided you're willing to take a little risk) it might be more fun than conventional routes to find thoroughbreds :)

I went to a yearling sale there ages ago and fell head over heels for a big grey boy - if he hadn't gone for the mid-five figures, I certainly would have been plenty happy to try and snap him up at the auction :)

Pricing can vary greatly at these things - but a sale is a sale. A lot of horses sell for a lot out of these sales and bust at the track or never make a start. Maybe a seller would be disappointed if the horse doesn't sell to a race home, but if they have the same amount of money in their pocket I can't see them complaining too much.

I think it would be pretty cool to see what you get if you go this route, and how it works for you compared to more traditional channels :)

(and oh! if only you were looking for a dainty little sweet mare, haha! the one I'm riding now is just so wonderful!)

Secretariat2
Apr. 19, 2011, 12:41 PM
I've got a TB gelding that I bred and is exactly what you are looking for, but he's not for sale because he's my dreamhorse. Good luck in your search.

omare
Apr. 19, 2011, 12:46 PM
In light of how expensive it has gotten to get horses well started and broken and going under saddle (and the fact x rays would be on display?), this route is starting to look attractive and smart to me!

Reminisce
Apr. 19, 2011, 01:08 PM
Thanks for all your replies! Like I said I'm trying to keep all my options open, knowing that the perfect horse will eventually come along. The FT sale appeals to me due to the fact that these horses are already started (although I'd be fine with breaking one too) and the fact that many have been scoped and x-rayed. That's a huge expense cut out for me and more I can put into buying the horse and into its care expenses. I've been to these sales many times in years past, so I know how they're run and thought they'd be a good place to expand my search.

I figured I'd come on here and ask for everyone's opinions on any stallions/ bloodlines to check out that produce nice sound, quiet, and big sporthorses.

smilton
Apr. 19, 2011, 01:40 PM
Just remember that there is often a reason a horse is selling cheaply. A clean sound, correct, athletic great moving youngster is what race people want too.

Everythingbutwings
Apr. 19, 2011, 02:34 PM
Just remember that there is often a reason a horse is selling cheaply.

We were given a pregnant mare, the former owner was "upgrading" his broodstock and decided to stand his own stallion.

Two years later, I happened to check the FT Mid-Atlantic sales results and he'd sold two for under $2K each.

This is what came out of the mare we were given (http://pic100.picturetrail.com/VOL936/3762429/21915079/361955229.jpg).

He jumps, too (http://pic100.picturetrail.com/VOL936/3762429/21915079/373658047.jpg). :)

smilton
Apr. 19, 2011, 02:50 PM
I have some amazing ones at home that went through the sales for big money too and I was given after they failed to meet their expected potential. But I'm just saying you are going to a sale that costs thousands of dollars to prep horses for and sometimes the low end horses are there for a reason. Just like at Sport Horse Auctions with there are low end horses. They often have a reason for not getting the big bucks.
I visited several of the big 2yr old prep farms in ocala this spring. That is some very strenuous work to put on a baby. Most buyers turn them out for a couple months. Several of the horses came out of the sales works with chips. Just be careful.

Vesper Sparrow
Apr. 19, 2011, 02:51 PM
Here's my $1,500 reject from the Keeneland yearling sales (didn't get him there but that's what he went for) (he is 5 in the video):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eBFKxU61ZU&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

luckyduck
Apr. 19, 2011, 03:11 PM
I took a quick look at the catalog....wish I could look at 29, 123, 151, 194, 261, 262, 299, 345, 454, 561 and 577....all of these bloodlines I have had wonderful hunters from. Will say that only a few were hack winners, but all had outstanding form and were easy to work with.

I have a Smoke Glacken grandson (Native Dancer on bottom) now....and he is amazing. 3 years old, dead quiet, moves great auto changes, outstanding form. I just love him.

Good luck in your search!

lizathenag
Apr. 19, 2011, 03:14 PM
I am trying to examine all options in order to find the perfect horse for me

My experience (and my current horse is perfect for me), is that you don't find them, they find you.

And my definition of perfect has changed over the years!

I have had great luck taking those very expensive auction horses after they have proven they weren't worth the pricetag.

Right on Target
Apr. 19, 2011, 03:22 PM
If you check the prices from last year's 2 yr old in training sale, you'll see that they are much higher than the December mixed sale. If you have time to wait, I'd think you could get an awesome deal at the mixed sale on a nice young horse.

Lamb Chop
Apr. 19, 2011, 03:34 PM
2YO sales are exciting- so many nice looking horses, and you can see them on the track. But- they have been pushed harder than I like, and the prices are high because hopes are soaring that they'll do well on the track.

If you have the money, sure, why not shop those sales. But if you have a tighter budget and time to invest in training, there are much better places to shop, including most other TB auctions, dispersal sales, and the farms themselves.

As far as what the breeder would like to see, if I were a breeder in this day, I'd be happy to see my colt go to a hunter home- it gives him a much better chance at longevity than the track does.

judybigredpony
Apr. 19, 2011, 04:44 PM
If you are looking for "cheap" this most likely is not the sale.
As far as buying something out back or being given one...these breeders are looking for horses to race...preferably in the state they foaled so they can reap the breeder bonus moneys.
Horses traded out back may well go on "cuff" or "deal" aimed to get breeder some % of race $$. earned.
I would make sure I checked the repository fims and scopes before taking a "freebie" who no bids also....

luckyduck
Apr. 19, 2011, 05:13 PM
My Mr. Greeley gelding sold at Keenland as a yearling for $150K....I picked him up as a 2 year old for $500.

His issue....he thought galloping was for the birds!

If the sale won't end up working for you.....a lot of the TB farms ....have babies that they know will not make it as race horses that they are selling or giving them away just to get them off the feed bill and into a productive homes. Guess at some point it all looks the same on the mare's produce record....un-raced or bombed at the track...I would probably rather see unraced!

I am lucky enough to have a few trainers that know what I am looking for and when they call me I know it is a horse that will work for the training program.

Your in Maryland.....and have LOTS of incredible places around you to get young TB stock from....

Reminisce
Apr. 19, 2011, 05:20 PM
Lovely horses you all have posted! Congrats on finding them! Thanks for sharing!

The whole reason I am searching for a horse is because my current 4 year old has an inoperable throat condition which developed after we got him and was not seen on his scopes from when he was at the track. I don't need a "cheap" horse per say- I have a respectable amount to spend on the horse, the vetting, and the scoping... I just don't want to spend over $4,500 at the sale (If i even found one I'd be interested in!)

Ideally I would like a 3-6 year old, but wouldn't mind picking up a two year old and turning it out for awhile. Just figured this is another option for me to look into.

Once again- Thank you all so much for your insight on the sales and what goes into the sales prep. I now have a greater knowledge of how hard these youngsters are pushed and will take all of this new found knowledge into consideration.

SteeleRdr
Apr. 19, 2011, 09:12 PM
What tracks have you tried? I recently saw a very nice young horse for a VERY respectable price at Fair Hill.

I know you said you were going through your trainer's connections at the track, but have you ever tried actually going to the backside and talking to other trainers? I've done that plenty at Laurel, CT, and Fair Hill. Have a good friend who is now exercising at Pimlico (was at Laurel) that keeps his eyes open.

As for the sale, I thought I might pinhook one last year. However, I apparently have expensive taste. Not a single horse I picked out went for under 5 figures, several went in the 6 figures.

I tend to pick out ones through their dam's sire, and then look to the sire.

Just from paper, I like:
264, 466, 244, 562, 377, 268, 191, 332, 350, 258, 488, 560, 461, 321, 30, 343, 388, 298, 296

That's what I came up with, after a quick look through.

rustbreeches
Apr. 19, 2011, 10:20 PM
Buying at sales is a great way to get a horse at a fraction of the stud fee, but I am not a fan of 2yo in training sales. There are some really great bloodstock agencies and pinhookers out there and then there are the ones who will push babies far beyond the realm of reasonable or prudent. I took horses to Timonium a couple of times but frankly, I didn't have the stomach to do what most everybody else was doing. Besides the large quantity of painkillers, NSAIDS and assorted other lovely drugs given, these babies are pushed really hard. I have seen babies breezed 3 out of 4 days and one little filly was breezed twice in the same morning to get a better time. The kitchen is usually sold out of ice by 8am because so many are standing in tubs or ice boots.

The repository is a great tool and time saver to examine legs, and you will get to see the horses move but it is still a risk. I would much rather buy a yearling and sit on it a year than pick up one at a 2YO in training. Unless you are in a hurry to get one now, you might find some decent prospects at a mixed sale and horses of racing age sale.

You will also have a deeper, better bred pool by going to KY for the sales.

Best of luck in your pursuit!

Acertainsmile
Apr. 19, 2011, 11:40 PM
I have one sitting on my farm that might be right up your alley, pm me!

halo
Apr. 20, 2011, 10:04 PM
A two year old at that sale with a good scope, clean xrays, and a reasonably good mover will go for some money. If they start to go for under $10k, theres probably issues that you dont want any part of either. The OBS April sale is going on right now, and you can view the videos on their website. I know of people who are paid good money to work these sales; they sit thru every single work, making notes on movement, action, tractability, and breathing. The breathing issues are a big deal. You cant hear breathing on the videos, you have to be sitting there to hear them. I have seen horses going for over 6 figures this week that got bad breathing marks, amazingly so. They may scope well, but when on the track, make a lot of noise.

I can't imagine you cant find some really seriously nice prospects off the track, for far less money than you will have to pay at Fasig.

halo
Apr. 20, 2011, 10:12 PM
This is last years sales results:

http://www.fasigtipton.com/ci/results/view/2010/Midlantic-Two-Year-Olds-In-Training

Reminisce
Apr. 20, 2011, 10:40 PM
Thanks for all of your input, it's greatly appreciated!

Like I've said- only going to the 2 year old auction to check out other avenues- don't have my heart set on picking something up at all.

If anyone has any ideas of horses they know of that seem to fit my needs please feel free to PM me or point me in the direction of where to check. My trainer has a few connections at the MD tracks, but I'm totally open to checking out other people's options. I've also checked out CANTER, Mid Atlantic Horse Rescue, Dreamhorse, Equine, Equine Now, Big Eq, etc.

Pcostx
Apr. 20, 2011, 11:53 PM
Did you check out these resources for nice TB's in Maryland?

http://www.goodhorse.org/

http://www.leightonfarm.com/OwnerTrainerHorses.htm look at "Lady" GORGEOUS grey filly!

Good luck!

Reminisce
Apr. 21, 2011, 06:42 AM
Pcostx- yes I check them out regularly too, sorry forgot to mention them! Thank you for the heads up though!!!

I agree the grey filly is beautiful, but she unfortunately will not end up being tall enough for me and I'd truly prefer a gelding.

kcmel
Apr. 21, 2011, 09:12 AM
Keep an eye out on the CANTER Delaware Park listings. I had a trainer tell me a couple of weeks ago that she will probably be listing a gelding soon that I got a good look at. Big and beautiful and supposedly quiet and sound and a nice mover. If you don't mind a plain bay.

BeverlyAStrauss
Apr. 21, 2011, 10:18 AM
Did you see TK on our site? His only downside is he cribs :no:
But he has the size and look of a nice working hunter.....he has just started back in work and is learning how to carry himself.....

Reminisce
Apr. 21, 2011, 10:46 AM
kcmel- I'll keep my eye out for him, thanks for the heads up!

Bev- I'm sending you a PM thanks!

Reminisce
Apr. 21, 2011, 11:08 AM
Bev- PM sent

witherbee
Apr. 21, 2011, 12:55 PM
Reminisce, no offence taken and you seem to have a great attitude - I appreciate that you are willing to look at all sides of this, and I certainly don't blame you for trying to find the horse you want whereever that may be! Best of luck,

2YO sales are exciting- so many nice looking horses, and you can see them on the track. But- they have been pushed harder than I like, and the prices are high because hopes are soaring that they'll do well on the track.

I totally agree about them being pushed too hard (and medicated, steroids etc.)

As far as what the breeder would like to see, if I were a breeder in this day, I'd be happy to see my colt go to a hunter home- it gives him a much better chance at longevity than the track does.

I disagree - I think if you had a nice mare and you were breeding to race or sell, you would want to "make" your mare, and having a non-racing offspring is a waste of a lot of time and money. Yes, most breeders are happy when any of their horses end up in a good home, but it is very dissappointing if they never get the opportunity to race. If they are deemed non-racing material for some reason, or if the mare is done breeding and this is a last foal, maybe you'd want to sell it as a show horse without ever racing it (I've done that), but ideally most breeders want the breeders awards and the statistics for the mare or stallion enhanced - makes siblings more valuable and makes the mare more valuable. I know I can't speak for you, but honestly, if you were breeding racehorses at all, I cannot imagine you feeling any differently. I was going to say that places that have a lot of mares may be more willing to see their youngstock sell as non-racing, but that would not make sense to their bottom line either. Don't mean to be argumentative, but just want to point out that it has nothing to do with "wanting the horse to have a good home" and longevity. That can be accomplished via private sale to a race home, and to a certain extent by putting a reserve on a horse at auction, but for the most part, it is out of the seller's hands at auction. JME and again, not a slam to you Lamb Chop!

Go Fish
Apr. 21, 2011, 01:08 PM
Thanks for all of your input, it's greatly appreciated!

Like I've said- only going to the 2 year old auction to check out other avenues- don't have my heart set on picking something up at all.

If anyone has any ideas of horses they know of that seem to fit my needs please feel free to PM me or point me in the direction of where to check. My trainer has a few connections at the MD tracks, but I'm totally open to checking out other people's options. I've also checked out CANTER, Mid Atlantic Horse Rescue, Dreamhorse, Equine, Equine Now, Big Eq, etc.

You might want to do a search on this board. There are several folks who breed TBs specifically for the sporthorse market...their horses will never see a track. Proven performance lines with the successful horses to prove they work. For example, "Fred" on this board stands A Fine Romance. He's been quite successful as a sire of higher-level performance TBs. There are others...their names are just escaping me at this hour of the morning! :D

Good luck!

Lamb Chop
Apr. 21, 2011, 02:25 PM
Witherbee, I take no offense at your comments. If I were a race breeder, I'd undoubtably share your opinion. But I've gone soft in my old age, and the racing "game" is a harsh one. I've seen more drugs, bad trainers, breakdowns, and horses shipped to Mexican rodeo or slaughter than I ever expected to. If I'd been that race breeder, I probably would have sold my stock to good homes a few years ago, keeping only my favorite mares and a riding horse or two.

Acertainsmile
Apr. 21, 2011, 10:03 PM
Witherbee, I take no offense at your comments. If I were a race breeder, I'd undoubtably share your opinion. But I've gone soft in my old age, and the racing "game" is a harsh one. I've seen more drugs, bad trainers, breakdowns, and horses shipped to Mexican rodeo or slaughter than I ever expected to. If I'd been that race breeder, I probably would have sold my stock to good homes a few years ago, keeping only my favorite mares and a riding horse or two.

This is what I did last spring, a nice big Waqoit filly, a beautiful Lionhearted filly, and a Congressional Honor filly along with a nice young Broodmare all went to a non racing, forever home to be bred to the owners WB stallion. However, the Congressional Honor filly is at the track and about ready to make her first start, which is fine by me! The owners have owned racehorses succesfully in the past and I know they'll do right by her.

I have my last foal now 3 still at the farm, and just didnt have the heart to send him off to the races. I think he will have a happier life in a different career.

Lamb Chop
Apr. 22, 2011, 11:06 AM
Acertainsmile, it sounds as though you've done well for your horses, and I wish your Congressional Honor filly success on the track. Are the other two fillies going to be under saddle prior to their broodie careers?

Reminisce
Apr. 22, 2011, 06:08 PM
Thanks Go Fish- I'll do a search!

Acertainsmile: Sent you another PM when you get a chance:)

Pristine
Apr. 22, 2011, 06:46 PM
You could look on www.thehorse.com . They have Thoroughbreds free to a good home. It is also a good site to learn more about horses.

Barbara L.
Apr. 23, 2011, 08:34 AM
Don't forget Turning For Home at Parx/Philadelphia Park! I get at least four new horses in a week, and although they will not all fit your purpose, we do veterinary evaluations on all of them. I have three more to add to our website today!

Call if you have any questions about any of the horses on our website, and I can give you references to lots of people that have taken our horses and have been very impressed with TFH's way of doing things.

Good luck in your search, no matter who you go to...

Muleskick
Apr. 25, 2011, 12:40 AM
Being a breeder that races and sells, I am with the others on the fact that the consigners will not be thrilled. And wasting the time of the staff there to pull out alot of horses that will be out of price range is not appealing.
These horses are worked and trained very hard to get them to optimal speed for the work show at the sale, and will be open to the same injury's as already racing horses have so it is always a gamble. Sale xrays can be 90 days old, so you will have to xray if you are seriously interested and this can get exspensive, especially if you are not 100% abreast of pedigree and sale trends to know what that paticular horse may bring and you may be xraying a hores that will bring in the 5 or 6 figures. On that topic the cheapest one's that are big and correct will seldom bring less then 5000$ and if they do buyer beware. Smaller, crooked, bad scopes or poor pedigreed or bad xrays will more then likely be the only ones for less then 5k.
There is always a chance you get lucky, but better odds at the Mid Winter sale or the Yearling sale where they will give you the no bid ones or sell them cheap out back.
However it is alot of fun to go and watch and you will learn alot. You might even make a connection with a local consigner or breeder that has some at home that arent making it as racehorses and they are looking for non racing homes for them.
Good Luck!

Reminisce
Apr. 25, 2011, 10:12 AM
Muleskick- thank you so much for your response! At this point I am likely going to be getting one from a breeder or off the track! Timonium is only 20 minutes from me and my dad's friend is a consignor. I may tag along with her and just check out the sale for fun. I've been to several of the sales in the past and worked the December sale a few years back so I know exactly what you mean by how fun they can be, but also how much work is put into them. I by no means mean to offend any race breeders out there and I take all of your replies with a grain of salt and most importantly accept them as new found knowledge. Your replies have made me realize that it is a better idea to check out private sales, breeders, the backside of the track, and adoption agencies. I can't thank you all enough for all your input! Have a great day!

Once again if you or anyone you know of has a horse within 2 hours of the Baltimore, MD area that would fit my criteria feel free to PM me- I'm exploring all my options :D

tdomino2
Apr. 25, 2011, 11:27 AM
I absolutely, positively second Leighton Farms...I was horse shopping last spring/summer and met Kim, and she is just wonderful. She's someone you should meet as much for the networking as anything; I'm sure she could put the word out that you're looking.

Check Craigslist, too, it's hit or miss, but one of the nicest horses I tried last summer was one I found on Craigslist.

And don't forget to look at the tack shop and feed store bulletin boards!

theblondejumper
Apr. 25, 2011, 11:53 AM
Kind of irrelevant question: can anyone go to a FT sale? I live in the area and would kind of love to attend something like that just for the experience.

Thanks!

equit8
Apr. 25, 2011, 03:47 PM
Remisce I have been trying to send you pm. My name is bird mobberley I breed and train my own. I also horse show. I ride with ed lane. I have some 2 year olds you might like.h 410 241 0529

Reminisce
Apr. 25, 2011, 05:29 PM
Remisce I have been trying to send you pm. My name is bird mobberley I breed and train my own. I also horse show. I ride with ed lane. I have some 2 year olds you might like.h 410 241 0529

Got your PM's- sent you a reply. I'd love to see what you have of broke 2 year olds that will be at least 16.2. If you could PM me some pics, I'll give you a call. Thanks!

rustbreeches
Apr. 25, 2011, 06:27 PM
Kind of irrelevant question: can anyone go to a FT sale? I live in the area and would kind of love to attend something like that just for the experience.

Thanks!
Yep! They are open to the public. The under tack shows are the 18th and 19th. They will breeze the horses in the morning. You will get to see them work for ususally 1/4 mile and you can sit in the stands. Its a little bullring track, so you get a great view!