PDA

View Full Version : Fertilize and rain chances evaporate :(

tasia
Apr. 16, 2011, 09:09 PM
So there was a 20% chance of rain on Friday and a 50% chance on Saturday right up until I had southern states fertilize Friday am. The minute the fertilizer hit the ground the rain chances changed to 10% and we didn't get a drop:no: I even had my SO do the naked rain dance:eek: which usually ensures a good amount of rain and some strange looks from neighbors:D Oh well.

ponygirl
Apr. 16, 2011, 09:52 PM
Um...:uhoh::uhoh: we did that dance down here and um...got 3 inches of rain :D. Unfortunately we didn't fertilize first. :( I'm also not sure our neighbors missed the dance either.

tasia
Apr. 16, 2011, 10:10 PM
Um...:uhoh::uhoh: we did that dance down here and um...got 3 inches of rain :D. Unfortunately we didn't fertilize first. :( I'm also not sure our neighbors missed the dance either.

:lol: I'm not allowed to do it anymore. Last time we both danced and got 10 inches of rain over night :eek:

kcmel
Apr. 16, 2011, 10:18 PM
This always happens to me. If you want it to NOT rain, fertilize!

ponygirl
Apr. 16, 2011, 10:23 PM
:lol: I'm not allowed to do it anymore. Last time we both danced and got 10 inches of rain over night :eek:

Oh! Not so good! Or too good depending on how one views it! :D:lol:

Have you tried washing the car. Your SO does the dance and you wash the car. If that doesn't work,leave the windows open. Ask me how I know. :(

tasia
Apr. 16, 2011, 10:23 PM
We even washed the trucks. Clean trucks usually ensures it will rain.

tasia
Apr. 16, 2011, 10:25 PM
Oh! Not so good! Or too good depending on how one views it! :D:lol:

Have you tried washing the car. Your SO does the dance and you wash the car. If that doesn't work,leave the windows open. Ask me how I know. :(

I just saw this as I posted about how we even washed the trucks:lol: sorry about your open windows:(

ponygirl
Apr. 16, 2011, 10:25 PM
Ya gotta leave the windows down. Or the sunroof open depending on what car it is.

tasia
Apr. 16, 2011, 10:27 PM
This always happens to me. If you want it to NOT rain, fertilize!

It's like a curse :(

tasia
Apr. 21, 2011, 01:46 PM
Yippy!! It rained yesterday afternoon:) We got a nice soaking. I did hear that some people in Ocala got some nasty lightning and hail :(

ponygirl
Apr. 21, 2011, 03:57 PM
I saw that on the news. They showed hail photos. Glad you got rain. Question for you, how expensive it is to get SS to fertilize? Looking at trying to find a service to do it for us but it's not been so easy.

tasia
Apr. 21, 2011, 05:46 PM
I saw that on the news. They showed hail photos. Glad you got rain. Question for you, how expensive it is to get SS to fertilize? Looking at trying to find a service to do it for us but it's not been so easy.

You can rent one of their spreaders for $60.00 or have one of their contractors spread it for $180.00. Their spreaders usually get booked pretty quickly when the rain chances increase so call ahead. I bit the bullet and had their contractor do it as all the spreaders were rented, then it didn't rain:(

msj
Apr. 21, 2011, 06:11 PM
We've got rain scheduled for Fri, Sat, etc but it's too wet to get in the fields to fertilize without getting stuck and leaving ruts. Wish we could send you some. Heck we just had snow again today and temps, with wind chill factor in the low 30's :(

FYI, I've had that problem in the past and it was almost 2 wks till it did rain. :( :( Fortunately no damage was done.

Christa P
Apr. 21, 2011, 06:22 PM
We've got rain scheduled for Fri, Sat, etc but it's too wet to get in the fields to fertilize without getting stuck and leaving ruts. Wish we could send you some. Heck we just had snow again today and temps, with wind chill factor in the low 30's :(

FYI, I've had that problem in the past and it was almost 2 wks till it did rain. :( :( Fortunately no damage was done.

I was going to say something similiar - I would be THRILLED to be able to send some rain down. Our ground is completely saturated with more rain in the forecast :no:.

BUT, the fields did get fertilzed with a couple of large, old manure piles getting spred back in February. Of course it is way to wet to let the critters outside the sacrifice area.

Christa