PDA

View Full Version : Did my first ACTHA ride ......They fixed it!

spotnnotfarm
Apr. 16, 2011, 04:50 PM
They fixed it!:)

Rbow
Apr. 16, 2011, 04:59 PM
That's terrible! I'd think ACTHA could do better than that. Mistakes can happen but they should be rebounding big time to make it right.

Give your horse a kiss for me too. He deserved the ribbon.

Don't let it discourage you. Next time!

Tamara in TN
Apr. 16, 2011, 05:00 PM
is this the same horse that last week you were upset that he did not win in the reining class you entered in ?

Tamara

spotnnotfarm
Apr. 16, 2011, 05:59 PM
is this the same horse that last week you were upset that he did not win in the reining class you entered in ?

Tamara

Yes, but I was not upset he did not win the reining class. I knew we would not even place there. I was sad because my trainer said he would never do well in reining and we should look at other events. I explained that I knew this all along and did not even know why I was upset.

pnalley
Apr. 19, 2011, 05:01 PM
Did you go to the ride at McIntosh? I'd like to go watch one or two, than buddy ride a few before entering.

Any idea how they handle the MUST rule of trotting out at the end for a gaited horse?

spotnnotfarm
Apr. 19, 2011, 05:14 PM
Hey Pnalley,

I did do they one at McIntosh. Honestly, it was my first one and most of the people there had never done one before. I bet you could go ahead and enter one and be fine. I built several of the obstacles and practiced them. We ended up 5th out of 31! With as much trail riding as you do, I bet you would do better than you think! There is one in Pine Mtn one June 4th.

As far as the gaited horses, most of the horses on Saturday were gaited. In fact the horse that won my divison was a stunning black and white Spotted Saddle horse! It was his first time too! The trot at the end is to ensure soundness. As along as your horse gaits sound you should be fine. The rule book says the horse should be judged on it's natural gaits even if the obstacle calls for trot or canter.

gaitedincali
Apr. 19, 2011, 06:55 PM
As along as your horse gaits sound you should be fine.

LOL, as long as the guy judging knows what the heck gaiting sound looks like.

That can be an issue. :lol:

spotnnotfarm
Apr. 19, 2011, 07:48 PM
LOL!! The one I did was put on by gaited riders so it was not an issue. I have not done enough of them to notice if the gaited riders had problems. Hopefully, the organizers would be experienced enough to recognize a gaited horse! However, you never know!!!

Rbow
Apr. 19, 2011, 07:53 PM
Glad to hear they fixed it.

Congratulations!!