PDA

View Full Version : Final-ish Ollie update

CosMonster
Apr. 13, 2011, 06:45 PM
For those following the Ollie saga, I just wanted to let everyone know that he appears to be officially healed. :D I just got back in from being out of town for a week. When I left Ollie had a scab on and was itchy, so my ranch hand's instructions were just to keep an eye on it and treat as needed if he got too itchy/rubbed the scab off. However, Ollie did not do that and I got back today to see the scab gone and just new skin where his wound used to be. We went for a half hour walk today too and he was trotting around as sound as a dollar.

It was really amazing that a wound that worried me for so long and showed no signs of healing for all that time just closed up so quickly, but I think maybe there were subtle signs of healing that I missed in my worry about it--I'm pretty sure it was closing from the inside for awhile but that was hard to see. Regardless, the point is that Ollie appears to be totally better!

Thanks again for all the advice and jingles! :)

Guin
Apr. 13, 2011, 06:58 PM
Good goat! Yay!

Zu Zu
Apr. 13, 2011, 08:33 PM
YAHOO ~ THANKS FOR THE UPDATE ~~

YOU GO OLLLIE ~~~

Somermist
Apr. 13, 2011, 08:35 PM
Awwwww, so happy for you and Ollie.:winkgrin:

jetsmom
Apr. 13, 2011, 08:40 PM
Yay for good goat health!!!!

CosMonster
Apr. 13, 2011, 09:52 PM
I also learned the secret to apparently taming half wild billy goats (or at least my half wild buck), and the answer is scratching the base of their horns. Maybe that only works in the spring time, but Bill, Ollie's buddy, was always a bit wild and only got worse after the attack, but today he was following me around like a puppy after I scratched the base of his horns for a few minutes. Just thought I'd share that. ;) Ollie also enjoyed it but I think he preferred butt scratches.

edit: I also haven't forgotten about the pics, I'm sorting that out with my client who did take some (including a few very goofy pics of me and Ollie that I'm not sure I'll post :lol:) but hopefully will be able to post them soon. I'll update the title or post a new thread as appropriate, but I will post them once I get them since you guys have been so supportive...I think you should be rewarded with pics of the cutest goat in the world (admittedly I might be a tad biased).