PDA

View Full Version : Custom boots??

mexicanrider
Apr. 12, 2011, 10:49 PM
hey everyone i´ve been looking for some custom boots and i wanted to know which are the best you have ever tried in comfort quality and service.

kahhull
Apr. 12, 2011, 11:33 PM
When I worked at a tack store we did Vogels and Dehners. The Dehners were more popular, though I don't really know why, but both had a great reputation for holding up and being a high quality boot. I knew one trainer who had her Dehners for 15 years and was just starting to think about getting a second pair. I personally haven't gone custom yet, but a good friend of mine swore by her Vogels, and I think they have a lot of options for leather and styling and whatnot. Also, the Dehner people are SOOO nice if you ever deal with them directly. I didn't really have to contact Vogel so I can't speak to their service, but Dehner was great. We had a pair of dress boots that a picky client sent back a bazillion times (not to say one doesn't deserve to be picky when getting custom boots, but more like he kept changing his mind once he put them on) and they were great about it.

Ray
Apr. 12, 2011, 11:36 PM
I have Dehners. the fit is perfect, they are super comfortable, and the company is awesome to deal with.

vegas01
Apr. 13, 2011, 07:51 AM
I had Der Dau's that were ok but kept stretching around my calf so I had to keep having them taken in. I ordered 2 new pair recently. The first a pair of Tucci's (Hadfield's). I absolutely love them! Break-in period not bad. The second pair is Vogel. They look beautiful and butter soft! However, they did not fit at all. Footbed too big, not tailored around my ankle so it was stovepipe like. I just received them back but have not had a chance to wear them yet. They do look better. Many of my friends have the Parlanti's and love them!

Good luck!

KayPink
Apr. 13, 2011, 11:18 AM
I love love LOVE my Vogels. I'm on my second pair now! Service and fit has been great. They even added a set of zippers into my old custom pull-on pair (years later) for me. My next pair (whenever that my be!) will be another pair of Vogels! :yes:

STA
Apr. 13, 2011, 12:28 PM
Hadfield's and Parlanti's boots are my favorites.

Rel6
Apr. 13, 2011, 03:28 PM
I have heard good things about Vogel and Parlantis.

Honestly all the boots named are very high quality, I think you should go look around see what *you* like best :)

inthesaddle88
Apr. 13, 2011, 08:33 PM
My favorite are definitely Der Daus. I've had mine since May of last year and they fit like a glove. Also, they have almost no break-in time. I rode in them only a few times before a show and my heel was very far down and my leg was in a very good position. I most definitely recommend them. :)

mexicanrider
Apr. 13, 2011, 09:41 PM
Thanks to you all... I think I'm going between voguel and dehner I'm going to talk to both companies, also I'm talking to a Mexican custom company called botas bautista I'll tell you about my decision later on :)