PDA

View Full Version : jump poles

trail blazer
Apr. 12, 2011, 10:41 PM
I need to get some new jump poles and so far I can't find anything in my area. Anyone have ideas of where to find true round jump poles in the south? The closest thing I've found is in Virginia at Old Dominion Jumps.

firewalker911
Apr. 13, 2011, 01:34 AM
this may not be much help since i'm not from the south, however, when i needed new jump poles, i found the cheapest way was to buy some wooden poles (round) that were around 10 feet long. i got about 8 of them to start from a local farm and feed that sold fencing, and a variety of pole types. i ended up painting them myself, and they turned out quite beautiful, haha.
i'm really picky about how they look, but i used a rolling brush and tape when painting and it worked out great.

Lieb Schon
Apr. 13, 2011, 01:43 AM
Where are you? I've worked with OD, and they were great! However I realize shipping is a killer right now.

pds
Apr. 13, 2011, 08:13 AM
Progressive Show Jumping (PSJ) has them for sale.

SidesaddleRider
Apr. 13, 2011, 08:28 AM
Is there a rated show close to you? Most of the jump vendors will sell the jumps after the show; that is where I have gotten most of mine. You would just have to drive over and pick them up at the end of the show.