PDA

View Full Version : Grand Prix Stretch Leather chaps

KingoftheRoad
Apr. 12, 2011, 04:14 PM
Does anybody have these?

http://www.doversaddlery.com/product.asp?pn=X1-35531&ids=578841026

I just got a pair, and while I love them, I'm afraid to keep them - the inside panel seems to be very soft, and I'm worried they won't last very long. I don't ride a ton of horses, just one about 4 days a week, but given the price (and I'm not getting them from Dover), I can't afford to have them not last.

Anybody have these and can give me an opinion? Thanks!

NiQi
Apr. 12, 2011, 04:28 PM
I have a pair of Grand Prix half chaps, Not the same as your getting but the inside panel on mine are also very supple and soft. I love mine, so far they have lasted about 3 years now. I dont know if thats luck or they are just made well. I was riding a few horses a day with them too and probably cleaned them twice a week. There still going strong.

Fancy That
Apr. 12, 2011, 05:25 PM
I have some and actually bought them used (couldn't afford brand new) and even though they were pretty used when I got them.....they are AWESOME and still going strong!!!

They have held up beautifully and I wouldn't be concerned about the inside panel.

They are my favorite half chaps EVER!

Elementgrl2
Apr. 12, 2011, 07:18 PM
I love mine! They last me about 3 years and I ride a few everyday.

kelsey97
Apr. 12, 2011, 09:24 PM
I don't have the stretch leather ones, but I'm on my 2nd pair of the smooth leather Grand prix with the elastic panel. First pair lasted about 5 years and weren't worn out just got too stretched out for my skinny calf. I gave them to a friend 2 years ago, she's still wearing them, and I got a new pair. I ride 3 horses 4 to 5 days a week and they hold up really well. i've had this pair for 2 years and I will definitely get another when they go!

SweetTalk
Apr. 12, 2011, 09:48 PM
They are of excellent quality, but I found that mine got stretched out quickly...