PDA

View Full Version : new "code" for dover sale catalog

ExJumper
Apr. 12, 2011, 11:06 AM
So I hate how dover has like three levels of sales, and one price never shows up on the website unless you type the item number in exactly how it is in the sale catalog, which is usually just the regular number plus an "X1" or something in front of it.

Can someone look at their sale catalog and tell me what letter and number all the item numbers start with? I'm just going to randomly try adding that number to the item numbers of stuff I want to buy and see if it comes up cheaper :)

Sonoma City
Apr. 12, 2011, 11:09 AM
If you click the "On Sale" button in the green banner below the tan tabs, everything that's in the sale catalog comes up with the sale prices. Poorly designed website, but they are there.

ExJumper
Apr. 12, 2011, 11:11 AM
If you click the "On Sale" button in the green banner below the tan tabs, everything that's in the sale catalog comes up with the sale prices. Poorly designed website, but they are there.

Really? I paid $10 more for a sale helmet last year because I used the online "sale" price rather than the catalog "sale" price.

But I'll trust you if you're sure :) That website does drive my batty sometimes...

ETA: Aha! You are correct! That website is so stupid. Why did it take me 15 years to figure that out...

potterma
Apr. 12, 2011, 11:32 AM
Ya, there are all kinds of prices on the same things... I think everything's on there you just have to go searching. I usually shop in the "clearance" section which generally has the lowest prices on things. And also, one time I ordered a coat that was like ten bucks more on one page than the other... then I called and they re-did it for the lower price!

Jo
Apr. 12, 2011, 11:50 AM
I usually Google the item i.e. Dover IRH Elite and it will bring up all their "hidden" pages, so I just find the one with the lowest price. The retail stores will price match as well with the lowest Dover price you find online...

kelsey97
Apr. 12, 2011, 11:56 AM
They are horrible with their pricing. I've had the best luck with calling them and saying OK, what is the lowest price on (insert item)?

pattnic
Apr. 12, 2011, 02:16 PM
The most recent "code" from my sale catalog I got last week is MA, followed by a dash and then the regular number.

I have a couple sale catalogs sitting in front of me - I can look something up for you if you want... they're getting sneakier.

SmartAlex
Apr. 12, 2011, 02:39 PM
The best savings I found on an item last week was the MA- code.

Paddys Mom
Apr. 19, 2011, 10:34 AM
I usually Google the item i.e. Dover IRH Elite and it will bring up all their "hidden" pages, so I just find the one with the lowest price. The retail stores will price match as well with the lowest Dover price you find online...

I think I love you!! :winkgrin:

Artemis
Apr. 19, 2011, 10:41 AM
Google is your best friend!

SilvyFilly
Apr. 19, 2011, 10:45 AM
Don't forget to use your $10 off code. I always search for those on google too. Usually it's $10 off. Just search Dover Saddlery coupons, and it'll bring them up.

ExJumper
Apr. 19, 2011, 11:41 AM
Don't forget to use your $10 off code. I always search for those on google too. Usually it's $10 off. Just search Dover Saddlery coupons, and it'll bring them up.

Do you mean the "tenoff" code? I have to log in as a guest with a different email every time to use that because it's supposed to be off your "first purchase." And even then I can't get it to work all the time... Also, I'm running out of email addresses.

Do you know of a different $10 coupon code?

kahhull
Apr. 19, 2011, 12:38 PM
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks Dover's website is a nightmare. Especially since I work on websites... so many things that would make me keel over if I found them on mine! Perhaps I should offer them some freelance quality assurance. :winkgrin:

I'dRatherBRiding
Apr. 19, 2011, 05:07 PM
Just ordered a pair of Grand Prix Vegas breeches and they are $104.90 I believe in the newest sale catalog (March), and only $94.90 or something lower like that in the previous sale catalog (February-ish). Both had the exact same item number, but with a MA on the end of the newer (higher) one. The online sale price matched the higher of the two, but I was still able to get the lower price by typing in the item number sans "MA" (maybe stands for March?)

ETA: come to think of it, it wasn't the MA afterall because they both started with that, it was whatever letter is at the END of the newest catalog item number that I left OFF for the cheaper price, some other letter though! Sorry, not as much help as I thought and I trashed both books already!

Oh and I was also informed at one of the retail locations that prices just went up in April, so that's probably true for many catalog items as well. I got an extra bonus when the magnetic boots I wanted were still labeled $10 cheaper in the store than the "new" price reflected in the catalog or in Dover's system that the retail stores tap into as well. Of course they had to give me the lower price because the boots were still marked that way:D