PDA

View Full Version : My Tredstep Donatellos finally arrived!

deltawave
Apr. 11, 2011, 06:20 PM
They are niiiiiiice. :yes: The "regular" calf is going to be fine on my legs after a little break in--I wore thick breeches and they are a wee bit tight but the leather is so soft and squishy that I can feel them stretching already. They've already buckled nicely around the ankles--no avoiding that--and plenty of room there and in the foot area. The height is just right for my 5'8" and they're so nicely fitted I don't think they'll collapse much.

Two thumbs up so far--much nicer than the Mountain Horse show boots I've been using for the past 8 years. :)

Fancy That
Apr. 11, 2011, 06:26 PM
If I prioritize getting new boots, I'm almost 100% certain I'll get these.

There's a thread on the H/J forum about them, too!

RunForIt
Apr. 11, 2011, 07:52 PM
I'm pretty sure FleckenAwesome just ordered some Donatellos too - now, just get out here and SHINE in these nice, fancy boots! Excited that you and dear Bonnie are headed to the Indiana T3DE!!!! :D :cool:

GreyDes
Apr. 11, 2011, 08:03 PM
Hey, how do the footbeds run? I have a pretty wide foot across the ball, and Mountain Horse and Dansko are pretty much the only ones that fit. Do these run similar to Mountain Horse in width, or are they narrower like the Ariats?

Thanks!

Big_Grey_hunter
Apr. 11, 2011, 08:07 PM
Congrats! I'm hoping to get some too. Any chance you can get a pic from a distance (on or off a horse)? Close up, that ankle piece looks really ugly, so I'm hoping it looks better not in a close up.

nextyear
Apr. 11, 2011, 08:17 PM
Hey, how do the footbeds run? I have a pretty wide foot across the ball, and Mountain Horse and Dansko are pretty much the only ones that fit. Do these run similar to Mountain Horse in width, or are they narrower like the Ariats?

Thanks!

I think they run a bit roomy I have a average size 8 foot and the ariats paddock boots are just right, I have worn the Donatellos for a week and have been riding about 45 times and they have streched a bit so that I am going to have to put some sort of a foot pad so my feet are not swimming.

To the MAX
Apr. 11, 2011, 08:22 PM
I won a pair of Da Vinci's from Smartpak and they are amazing! A++ for Tredstep!

deltawave
Apr. 11, 2011, 09:30 PM
I do think they are a little more roomy than Ariats.

Will try and get pix.

RFI--*Novice* 3 Day for Bonnie. :) Keebs is qualified for the T3D but has jumped nothing but imaginary Appaloosa-eating monsters since last July, so that will have to wait. ;)

RunForIt
Apr. 11, 2011, 09:52 PM
RFI--*Novice* 3 Day for Bonnie. :) Keebs is qualified for the T3D but has jumped nothing but imaginary Appaloosa-eating monsters since last July, so that will have to wait. ;)

have thought about getting Rasta headed toward similar...doesn't matter, have a great go - I so wish you'd come SOUTH!!! Finally got to meet RiverBendPol this year in Aiken (though for far too short a time :yes: )...you and Retread are now due! :lol: :cool:

SuperEventer
Apr. 11, 2011, 10:04 PM
My Da Vinci's arrived too. I LOVE them. I have a bigger calf, and I've always had a hard time finding a good fit off the shelf. These are perfect. They're gorgeous. The ankle piece looks great up close. It's just a piece of super soft leather. I can't wait to wear mine at the CIC** at Fairhill next week!

FLeckenAwesome
Apr. 11, 2011, 10:56 PM
I can't wait for mine... AND my breastplate.. Both on backorder. Sigh...

I'm a little worried though.... it sounds like they maybe run a hair big.. maybe I should have gotten the slims...

Oh well. We'll find out :)

Fancy That
Apr. 11, 2011, 11:03 PM
My Da Vinci's arrived too. I LOVE them. I have a bigger calf, and I've always had a hard time finding a good fit off the shelf. These are perfect. They're gorgeous. The ankle piece looks great up close. It's just a piece of super soft leather. I can't wait to wear mine at the CIC** at Fairhill next week!

Hopefully they dont have too roomy calves though, for my sake as I have small calves and thin ankles

Love hearing about them still.....they are on my xmas list :)

SuperEventer
Apr. 12, 2011, 03:32 PM
I got the Full Calf, not the Regular, so you guys should all be okay. :)