PDA

View Full Version : I'm out of the loop... who's on here that does Canter of PA???

Xctrygirl
Apr. 11, 2011, 05:42 PM
JUST saw one of our old runners is still running. Ugh. And badly.

Any chance someone has a lookout on these things??

His name is Brae prospect, he is trained by David Smith.

And word at all would be great.

Pm's are fine.

~Emily

SonnysMom
Apr. 11, 2011, 10:40 PM
You might want to post this in the Racing forum too. Somebody there might be able to get you some info.

On Second Thought
Apr. 11, 2011, 10:50 PM
JUST saw one of our old runners is still running. Ugh. And badly.

Any chance someone has a lookout on these things??

His name is Brae prospect, he is trained by David Smith.

And word at all would be great.

Pm's are fine.

~Emily

Re: "Anyone have a lookout on these things, " CANTER can only list the horses given to them to list.

If you're concerned about the horse, why don't you make a call to the trainer?

Not jumping on you, I've just seen CANTER take a beating for somethings that they have NO control over (and are actually already doing more than most to recify), and just wanted to clairfy that that is not what was happening here.

Xctrygirl
Apr. 12, 2011, 11:39 AM
Ok now to clarify myself.

I know that CANTER only looks out where they are pointed. Thats why I posted the orignal message.

I was an assistant trainer on east coast tracks for a number of years. I am very familiar with the system and I know that the CANTER reps on here are great people.

Through Pm's I was connected with people who know the trainer. I cannot offer Brae a home, but what I wanted to be transmitted was the message that if/when Brae needs a home I would be happy to try to point some of my network or people towards him and do what I can to make sure a former runner we had finds a safe and happy home.

I had no misconceptions about the work CANTER does, and I support them and their efforts fully.

~Emily

jenarby
Apr. 12, 2011, 02:05 PM
OST, A lot of times CANTER reps know a lot of trainers on the track form doing previous listings. Some of those reps are connected pretty well! So asking if they know the trainer or could find out info for them isn't a bother. I volunteer for Mid Atlantic for Mountaineer. I've had tons of emails asking if I can help connect buyers with certain trainers or help find out info on different horses. There is really a ton of networking that has been done or can be done through the peeps at CANTER.

Em, so glad you were able to connect!