PDA

View Full Version : For fun: If you could purchase one splurge item, what would it be?

Sonoma City
Apr. 11, 2011, 05:10 PM
There are so many things I drool over in the catalogs. If money wasn't an object my house would be filled to the gills with custom Mattes boots and saddle pads! But the practical side of me says I don't need custom $200 boots for my horse, and the sheepskin halfpad under a square pad works just as well ;) (When is my country club husband going to arrive, I'm waiting for you!) So, if you could choose one frivilous purchase, what would it be?

scubed
Apr. 11, 2011, 05:11 PM
Custom jumping saddle

Blugal
Apr. 11, 2011, 05:15 PM
Off the top of my head, I want a pair of custom field boots, oxblood colour.

Hey Mickey
Apr. 11, 2011, 05:17 PM
Custom jumping saddle

Big Ditto.
A custom jump saddle that magically changes itself to my ponies ever changing shape.

MeghanDACVA
Apr. 11, 2011, 05:41 PM
Ditto the saddle.

though right now at the top of the more realistic splurge list is a CO helmet for dressage.

Divine Comedy
Apr. 11, 2011, 05:53 PM
Realisitic maybe one day item: Custom $1000 field boots made of calfskin. Love the way the Ariat Monacos look, although I've heard mixed things about them holding up.

Out of this world, never in this lifetime item: A giant British style RV/horse lorry, similar to WFP's new lorry. Probably would run me around $500K, lol. Oh, and the driver to go with it so I can show up at events on my own. :-)

Yay, fantasy world!

Zoomd
Apr. 11, 2011, 05:57 PM
Currently, a Hulsebos dressage bridle and girth.... I've been eyeing up the multitude of them floating around the boarders tack rooms at the barn for at least a year, and since there were so many, I figured they must be reasonable. Asked the barn owner.... $500+ each!!! but they're soooo nice n soft. I didn't even ask about the girth after that.

Zoomd
Apr. 11, 2011, 05:58 PM
A giant British style RV/horse lorry, similar to WFP's new lorry. Probably would run me around $500K, lol. Oh, and the driver to go with it so I can show up at events on my own.

That was my next thought

KayBee
Apr. 11, 2011, 06:04 PM
A horse. ;)

deltawave
Apr. 11, 2011, 06:08 PM
A big, honking RV/horse trailer combo, full of horses and tack. ;)

sparky6
Apr. 11, 2011, 06:13 PM
A horse. ;)

Ditto. Once that happens then we can talk custom saddles :yes:

Eventer13
Apr. 11, 2011, 06:16 PM
A horse. ;)

Yes. Probably imported from England or Ireland. I've been eyeing those Fernhill ones ;)

BestHorses
Apr. 11, 2011, 06:27 PM
Horse here as well. After that custom boots.

Fancy That
Apr. 11, 2011, 06:28 PM
Realisitic maybe one day item: Custom $1000 field boots made of calfskin. Love the way the Ariat Monacos look, although I've heard mixed things about them holding up.

Out of this world, never in this lifetime item: A giant British style RV/horse lorry, similar to WFP's new lorry. Probably would run me around $500K, lol. Oh, and the driver to go with it so I can show up at events on my own. :-)

Yay, fantasy world!

If you can get it from CA....it's AWESOME!!!! And very very reasonable (I don't even know if it was $50K?)

Sonoma City
Apr. 11, 2011, 06:29 PM
So I now have this picture in my head...me, and my Fernhill horse, walking down the ramp of a shiny new lorry. Horse decked out in a beautiful buttery soft custom saddle on top of a mattes pad, matching sheepskin lined boots, and a Hulsebos bridle. While I sport perfectly fit custom boots, which have been shined to perfection by the driver who comes with the lorry :-D I'd say we've done pretty well so far! ;)

Divine Comedy
Apr. 11, 2011, 06:33 PM
If you can get it from CA....it's AWESOME!!!! And very very reasonable (I don't even know if it was $50K?)

And does it come with a driver? :-D

Fancy That
Apr. 11, 2011, 06:42 PM
And does it come with a driver? :-D

LOL!!!! In your dreams :)

Here it is:

http://www.bayequest.info/results/b001/images/148375.jpg

Holds up to 6 horses and is over 8 ft tall interior height in the horse section. Bring on the big Warmbloods or Draft Crosses....hehehee......wowzers.

WW_Queen
Apr. 11, 2011, 06:52 PM
In addition to what the others listed, I would probably buy a GPA Grand Prix show jacket http://www.doversaddlery.com/gpa-grand-prix-lady-ii-show-coat/p/X1-40466/c2p/hp/

I had a chance to try one on at Spruce Meadows last month, it would be the perfect jacket in summer (plus it's machine washable!). It's super comfortable, thin and stretchy. Like a second skin.

I would probably also get my existing stuff monogrammed and sign up for some BNT clinics. :)

People who claim that money doesn't buy happiness clearly don't know where to shop. :D

faybe
Apr. 11, 2011, 06:57 PM
This: http://www.equineproductsllc.com/

For all my sensitive TBs :)

denny
Apr. 11, 2011, 07:07 PM
Cambalda

subk
Apr. 11, 2011, 07:07 PM
Custom jumping saddle
Since it's the Big Splurge (wouldn't that be a good name for a horse?) I'll share that I've been stashing Andrews and Bens every chance I get for the last two years and I'm now scheduled to take my pony to Lexington for Rolex to get measured!

Wee Dee Trrr
Apr. 11, 2011, 07:12 PM
A 2+1 Hawk trailer with LQ. :) Silver with black and purple detail.

Late
Apr. 11, 2011, 07:14 PM
oh man...

at the moment? a nice 4-horse trailer and sizeable truck would do the trick... like maybe a Pegasus trailer? :D or even a featherlite or something... doesn't have to be too luxurious :lol:

horsefaerie
Apr. 11, 2011, 07:19 PM
Made to order:

2+1 or just 2 horse (wait a minute this is my fantasy!)gn aluminum trailer with an 8 or 10 foot dressing room. Not LQ! I want to customize the inside too!

6 pairs of great fitting jeans and at least two pair of custom stretch cord fullseats or FITS. Low rise and comfy! Leather seats!

Custom New Market boots, canvas and calf leather for the stinking humidity down here!

Eh, toss in a few acres somewhere where it cools off at night in the summer.

I think that would keep me happy for a century!

AliCat518
I'm happy to say that (as a POOR college student), three weeks ago, I was able to purchase an amazing horse for more than I ever thought I would have to spend. (however, there goes my down payment on a house!) THAT would have been what I posted here. Sooo, now that I have him, I have a wholeee new wish list(and no money to spend on it ;))

DragonTea
Big Splurge: Dreamcoach horse trailer...

Small Splurge: One of those helmet cams

BestHorses
Apr. 11, 2011, 08:30 PM
A remote camera for the barn and the trailer.

Oh and an automatic gate for the driveway.

yellowbritches
Apr. 11, 2011, 08:34 PM
The financial ability to keep Toby AND Vernon. Vernon would be my "practice" jumping horse (so I can have TWO fun horses to jump) and my OMG fabulous foxhunter. Toby would be Mr. Groovy Eventer Hot S**t.

With that, I would like high quality bridles that fit them properly with no hole punching AND padded crowns.

kcooper
Apr. 11, 2011, 09:57 PM
IRAP for 12 joints!

kkindley
Apr. 11, 2011, 10:02 PM
wow! My splurge was the Ariat Winderemere Baker boots (that I DID just splurge on! Yay OT!!)

So now I need thoughts... Would LOVE to have a nice new trailer with a tack room. Glad to have my restored '76 Kingston on the road but.... :)

sumatra
Apr. 11, 2011, 10:06 PM
Cambalda

No kidding , me too. Saw you yesterday, was on my way to say hi and you vanished :(

Catie79
Apr. 11, 2011, 10:21 PM
Custom dressage saddle, hands down. I'm really struggling doing my dressage in my close contact, but the princess loathes my current dressage saddle. I would love to just splurge and get the perfect dressage saddle.

kateh
Apr. 11, 2011, 10:22 PM
Dear God in Heaven, I would love nice boots that fit, custom or not. Mine are cheap and the right one (WHY only one??) cuts off circulation for ~30 min before it settles to the right spot. And you know they're pull-on.

Lori B
Apr. 11, 2011, 10:29 PM
Custom boots that fit my sizable calves and ducklike feet.

A custom jacket to fit my 40D 5'5" frame. It would be made of 2% lycra the rest tropical weight wool so it wouldn't be such a danged straitjacket.

Those are little-ish splurges.

The big splurge? Your event camp, Denny. In 2 years, I am dreaming of it.

mojo7777
Apr. 11, 2011, 11:02 PM
Wow, I was just going to say a Thinline Sheepskin Comfort Pad. Now I'm thinking custom saddle, van and another horse.

Petstorejunkie
Apr. 11, 2011, 11:30 PM
well, if I only get ONE splurge....

I want this (http://www.justicerealestate.net/property/blackdiamondfarm3591parispike-102.html)

:cool::winkgrin:

allisontatman
Apr. 11, 2011, 11:48 PM
well, if I only get ONE splurge....

I want this (http://www.justicerealestate.net/property/blackdiamondfarm3591parispike-102.html)

:cool::winkgrin:

I'll take one of these as well! Wow!

eventingismylife
Apr. 11, 2011, 11:48 PM
The funds to import a nice IDSH Eventer from Ireland (or England) or buy a nice piece of horse property :D

Petstorejunkie
Apr. 11, 2011, 11:54 PM
I'll take one of these as well! Wow!

I have it bookmarked for when I win the lotto :yes:

riderboy
Apr. 12, 2011, 07:43 AM
Ford King Ranch dooley. And Cambalda. That's all I need. And maybe a custom Devocoux XC saddle. No more. Well I could use a horse farm in Lexington with an indoor. That's it, really.

Leprechaun
Apr. 12, 2011, 08:27 AM
I'm going with Boyd Martin and a private plane!

wildlifer
Apr. 12, 2011, 08:56 AM
The Kentucky Horse Park. Of course, staff must be included.

If those stingy buggers won't sell, then I will settle for a Stackhouse jumping saddle.

Carolinadreamin'
Apr. 12, 2011, 09:26 AM
A big, honking RV/horse trailer combo, full of horses and tack. ;)

That. Yes.

I am also drooling over the Ariat Volant tall boots with, yes, the red zipper. Don't know why but they are very appealing to me (add in a tough and reliable zipper and I'd consider them....but until then....).

Vesper Sparrow
Apr. 12, 2011, 09:28 AM
A back-up horse (oh, and more importantly, the funds to keep him/her, too): bombproof dressage schoolmaster (trained to PSG) who likes to foxhunt and trail ride on the side.

cllane1
Apr. 12, 2011, 10:12 AM
All the jackets in the Animo line

Unlimited polyglycan, estrone, etc.

Custom dressage and jumping saddles

Horse van

baxtersmom
Apr. 12, 2011, 10:21 AM
Ha ha, I just want a set of those stupid expensive Equifit TBoots with the pinstripes on the straps (to go with my black pinstriped stadium coat). :) But I wouldn't mind a custom Schleese dressage saddle and a few months of dressage bootcamp for the Baxter.

Viva
Apr. 12, 2011, 10:59 AM
"People who claim that money doesn't buy happiness clearly don't know where to shop."

AMEN! :D

And I'm all for the horse lorry. Is that thing really only $50K? ("Only" being totally relative here)

Dawnd
Apr. 12, 2011, 11:02 AM
I would buy one of these (http://books.google.com/books?id=0wzzQrFb7dcC&pg=PA5&lpg=PA5&dq=ultimate+horse+farm&source=bl&ots=-xwgtbCme6&sig=U7VzWCgwqNiOTJWLg0a_WI0totw&hl=en&ei=4WikTaSKM6bh0gGxm8HkCA&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=6&ved=0CDcQ6AEwBQ#v=onepage&q=ultimate%20horse%20farm&f=false).

(one of the farms, not the damn book!)

Sonoma City
Apr. 12, 2011, 11:04 AM
All the jackets in the Animo line

Mmmmmmm, ever since I stopped by their booth at WEG, and made the mistake of actually trying one on to see that it fit me like a glove, I have been resisting the urge! Their advertising campaign does need a bit of an overhaul though, their catalogs are rediculous!

pattnic
Apr. 12, 2011, 11:38 AM
Since we said "splurge" and not "if I won the lottery," my splurge would be a full course of stadium jumps.

gold2012
Apr. 12, 2011, 01:40 PM
So those of you who know us, have seen our UGLY 40 year old yellow horse trailer....

What I wouldn't give for just a nice three horse slant with a small living quarters....that way the grandbaby could stay in air at these hot shows, I could pull off and stop halfway up somewhere...

Sigh....isn't bound to happen even anywhere close to this millenium.

Oh, and a custom made dressage saddle from Stackhouse...yup...sigh.

yellowbritches
Apr. 12, 2011, 01:59 PM
I'm also going to add cross country boots that fit PERFECTLY (no rubs, no slipping, no spinning), are very protective without being bulky, hot, or plain ass ugly, and are safe for my stupidly sensitive horses.

I'm happy with my saddles, but I think if I really had to get down to it, I'd like THE perfect monoflap dressage saddle (mine is very comfy and fits me and the horses well, but it feels like a freaking western saddle when you hoist it up!).

RacetrackReject
Apr. 12, 2011, 02:26 PM
HHmm.. A new 2+1 horse trailer with AC for the dressing room and a new truck to pull it with, preferably one that ran on horse poop instead of gasoline or diesel. =)

A Fernhill horse wouldn't be so bad either, but I would settle on being able to purchase the ability for everyone to have a safe and happy Eventing season this year.

Fancy That
Apr. 12, 2011, 03:17 PM
"People who claim that money doesn't buy happiness clearly don't know where to shop."

AMEN! :D

And I'm all for the horse lorry. Is that thing really only $50K? ("Only" being totally relative here)

You can probably get it for that :) You should check it out :) Did you see the pic I posted? Here's the rest of the ad:

(asking $65K)
Have you wanted to own a real English Horsebox?, $65,000, Real Horsebox, with left-hand drive, constructed in England over 1995 Japanese heavy-duty truck base.

Full living quarters with toilet & shower, forced-air heat, A/C, 5 burner cooktop with stove, sink, hot & cold water, generator, inverter, 30 amp service, extra large king-size bed, table & sofa that makes into a bed, coffee maker, microwave, cabinets & storage.

Truck has 6 cylinder turbo-diesel engine with 6 speed shift, full air brakes. It is so easy to drive at 65 mph.

Full walk through from front cab to living quarters to horse compartment. Horse compartment holds up to 6 horses with dividers that are changeable to any width or removable.

There is a rack behind and above horses that hold blankets or whatever horses might need enroute.

Each horse has a bowl for grain or whatever in front. Feed, water or blanket without stopping!

Drive full speed as vehicle is registered as RV(not truck speed), and sleep enroute. Enjoy traveling across the country with your horses! Tack and whatever is stored in the compartments on the sides of RV.

Horse part is over 8 feet tall inside, so can take big horses. Also can tow a trailer and has hitch. Amazing vehicle!

, 408-408-842-3398, cell 408-499-5675, http://2855 Day Road, See all ads by this advertiser, Send e-mail to advertiser, Send this ad to a friend, Print this ad, AD ID: 148375, Gilroy, CA, Submitted On: 03/31

a1ngot8r
Apr. 12, 2011, 03:23 PM
Love these browbands....right now that would be a splurge for me!

http://peopleonhorses.com/Ice.htm

retreadeventer
Apr. 12, 2011, 08:13 PM
Denny

:) :) :)

WishIWereRiding
Apr. 12, 2011, 09:10 PM
A custom dressage saddle, monoflap, nice, soft, sticky leather. Not sure what brand--love Devoucoux, but hear horror stories about their customer service, liked the CWD, but have heard mixed things. Maybe a Stackhouse. We'll see. It could happen this summer!

zagafi
Apr. 12, 2011, 09:24 PM
Custom saddle for the tiny gray pony.

Big ass truck with custom trailer.

HUUUUGE tracts of land. ;-)

seeuatx
Apr. 12, 2011, 09:44 PM

Yay, fantasy world!

I see your Fancy lorry/ RV and raise you one with Ollie Townend inside. Yeah, I have a little mini-crush.

In reality, I would be super happy with a nice Mattes Pad, new XC vest, and new XC boots.

RugBug
Apr. 12, 2011, 11:58 PM
I want a yellow optimum time watch, or whatever it's called. BTW, I ride hunters. :lol:

I would love ANOTHER custom Bruno Delgrange for my other horse. This would be beyond a splurge as horse currently has a well fitting saddle, is my "practice" horse and might just be for sale.

I've dreamed of owning a horse van for years. Just about any of these (http://www.frankdibella.com/used_vans.html) will do. I think the older ones are adorable.

War Admiral
Apr. 13, 2011, 12:17 AM
I'll take the E-450 one please! (http://frankdibella.com/new_vans.html) :)

Toadie's mom
Apr. 13, 2011, 11:20 AM
Stackhouse custom dressage saddle AND Denny's adult camp.

not neccessarily in that order:D

Moody Mare
Apr. 13, 2011, 11:54 AM
I would like to get an Equissage.

Lori B
Apr. 13, 2011, 12:08 PM
Toadie's Mom, I'll see you there in a couple years. Event camp by 2014, or bust. :-)

CookiePony
Apr. 13, 2011, 12:32 PM
A 2+1 Hawk trailer with LQ. :) Silver with black and purple detail.
Same for me, except white with royal blue and black striping (and GN of course).

Sweet Thing Eventing
Apr. 13, 2011, 01:02 PM
Right now I would just love to have a Back on Track sheet for my older mare.

But if we are really playing in dream land, I will also take a new truck, GN trailer and horse property with a small barn and house :yes:

GatoGordo
Apr. 13, 2011, 01:11 PM
I'm also going to add cross country boots that fit PERFECTLY (no rubs, no slipping, no spinning), are very protective without being bulky, hot, or plain ass ugly, and are safe for my stupidly sensitive horses.

There's fantasy, and then there's the unobtainable. :p

baxtersmom
Apr. 14, 2011, 09:03 AM
Ha ha, I just want a set of those stupid expensive Equifit TBoots with the pinstripes on the straps (to go with my black pinstriped stadium coat). :) But I wouldn't mind a custom Schleese dressage saddle and a few months of dressage bootcamp for the Baxter.

Holy cow, I guess I should have aimed higher, like winning the lottery and a finding boyfriend who looks like Jose Ortelli. Just got a set of the damn TBoots on eBay for $50. :lol:

Vesper Sparrow
Apr. 14, 2011, 09:11 AM
This thread is dangerous! A new horse is coming into the barn next week and apparently he totally meets my description of my splurge item (bombproof dressage schoolmaster). I could afford to buy him but not to keep him over the long term. Really had to think hard about that one...

olympicprincess
Apr. 14, 2011, 11:15 AM
For "splurge"...

A nice fleece half-pad. I have wanted one for a couple years now... and for some reason I can't justify paying for the super-nice ones! I'll either trash it in no time or be so careful with it that I barely use it. So I have the knock-offs and other shock-absorbing type pads until I find a SALE I can't refuse....

Mukluk
Apr. 14, 2011, 01:35 PM
A fantastic horse property near a major ski resort (I liked the tennis court and indoor pool featured in that other estate). With a huge pasture and stalls that horses can use if they want a break from the pasture. An indoor arena with a full set of great stadium jumps and a trail course. A cross country course. A galloping track. A lake for me and the horses to swim in. Farm animals- just as pets! And some reindeer.

If Mr. Right could not be included, I would settle for a staff of sexy scantily clad Cabana boys to indulge my every whim.

A new truck and trailer- a custom light weight trailer that is safe and goes easy on the gasoline. Maybe a big horse lorry too for big trips

A custom saddle.

A wool cooler

A purple saddle pad

A custom show jacket in that new stretchy stuff!!!

I would breed my mare to the best Baby Daddy I can find!!!

I am sure I could think of many other things too.

Maybe I'll get lucky and win the lottery!!!

kerilli
Apr. 14, 2011, 03:42 PM
i've bred my mare to the best Baby Daddy I could find (Jumbo) so i'm hoping that in a month's time she'll present me with my splurge item...

failing which:

the perfect sticky-secure xc saddle for me, that is also super-comfy for my young mare. is there such a thing? the general consensus seems to be that Devoucoux, Butet etc are better for riders than for horses... not a balance i'm happy with. argh.
(as an aside, i would like back the literally thousands of pounds i've wasted on the wrong saddles over the years. there must be a lot of very rich saddlers around thanks to gullible fools like me!)

ss3777
Apr. 14, 2011, 08:17 PM
A Black Country for Schultzie.......that damn stubben is killing me!!!

lucyeq
Apr. 14, 2011, 08:31 PM
Custom show jacket, for sure! Ooh, and while we're at it, custom pants!

Event4Life
Apr. 14, 2011, 10:36 PM
A horse...a specific one, but sadly he's on a ranch in Wyoming, not for sale, and anyway I don't know where I'm going to be in the next few years, so it's out of the question for now.

After that & the horse is all fitted out (I kept most of my horse stuff! :-D), custom full chaps.

mandalea
Apr. 15, 2011, 01:43 AM
My current splurge item would be this:
http://www.horseland.com.au/new-bates-wide-dressage-saddle-25566.html

I sent Wintec an email asking if they had considered making a wide dressage saddle, and if they hadn't, would they ? I wait and wait and cant wait any longer, so I cave and get a Wintec Wide - few weeks later they bring this saddle out :eek: So now I'm trying to scrape as much as I can together, sell my 3 saddles and any other horse junk I don't use so I can get one ! Then, when my guy goes into retirement shortly, get another fatty to fit it :D

ridealot
Apr. 15, 2011, 02:50 PM
Custom Konigs dress boots, with all the bells and whistles.

purplnurpl
Apr. 15, 2011, 03:07 PM
sigh

I'd like to buy back my life 3 years ago.
And buy the knowledge up the upcoming disaster so that I could change what happened and make a new future.

Right at about January 2008 would do it.

InsideLeg2OutsideRein
Apr. 15, 2011, 06:55 PM
Apart from a jumping saddle, a nice pair new pair of Ariat paddock boots (mine are pretty beat up) and nice half chaps.

kookicat
Apr. 15, 2011, 07:38 PM

Yay, fantasy world!

Something like one of these babies? (http://www.sovereignhorseboxes.com/gallery) Yup, I'd love one too.

*jumper*
Apr. 15, 2011, 07:51 PM
A Game Ready machine! And blanket and all that while we're at it...to keep horsey in top shape :)

TheBrightSide06
Apr. 15, 2011, 08:37 PM
If I could buy anything I wanted, I would get a custom dressage saddle, blankets that don't rip, a big farm, and research for a cure for spookiness.

WNT
Apr. 15, 2011, 09:51 PM
If I had a ton of money to spare, I would get a full scan of my horse, just to make sure he doesn't have any injury or degenerative issue going on that his exceedingly stoic personality is covering up. At 17, I'm sure there may well be something he is working through because that's the way he is.

jackalini
Apr. 17, 2011, 10:53 AM
A truck and trailer with LQ for shows, since there's only one show around me that's less than 3 hours away and hotels are expensive!

And if we're talking about a more reasonable "splurge" that's possibly within my budget, I'd get a set of xc boots for my mare and a few pairs of nice, breathable full seat breeches.

LLDM
Apr. 17, 2011, 12:44 PM
An indoor and a new knee. Or just my old knee from 3 years ago!

SCFarm

Event4Life
Apr. 17, 2011, 03:04 PM
sigh

I'd like to buy back my life 3 years ago.
And buy the knowledge up the upcoming disaster so that I could change what happened and make a new future.

Right at about January 2008 would do it.

:-( I was having this conversation with a close horsey friend the other day, about how great our childhoods were with horses & how neither of us appreciated it nearly enough at the time. I do miss those days (especially the best pony in the whole wide world), but I try to focus on the good stuff right now...I've loved university, am interested in my studies, am looking forward to graduating & going to South Africa to put it into practice, but it's tough sometimes. Overall, without the horsey equation of childhood, life is better now. But as we all know, horses make all the difference in the world!

asterix
Apr. 17, 2011, 08:18 PM
A time machine, to send my amazing horse, now coming 16 and having missed almost 3 years (suspensories, kicked in field, mystery shoulder ailment and now a huge hock laceration), back in time so he and I can have all those years together doing what he loves best.

Failing that, I'd go for custom saddles all around, new bridles, and 2 months of personal daily boot camp with Stephen Bradley.

KayBee
Apr. 17, 2011, 08:36 PM
and research for a cure for spookiness.

I would gladly subsidize your research. A cure would have obviated the need for that trip to the ER today. (I'm fine, but owwwww. Though the percocet is helping. ;-)